meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
only the fish have made it. no coraline algea. i think i need a new sump. i honestly need someone to test the water poke around tell me what to fix or fix it and tell how to keep it up. and explain stuff to my boyfriend

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because i know it is more then just parameters. I really need someone to come over and poke around and look. i think i need a better sump and maybea new skimmer. and better yet help with putting it together and explaining how to keep upand maintain it.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Mega this is exactly how I felt a year ago unfortunately if u have no friends already in the hobby u kinda have to figure things out on your own but the fourns really helped me out
List everything about your tank and what your maintenance is like and we should be able to steer u in the right direction
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
First off. It looks like you have a bunch of filter floss on the left side of your sump that is WAYYYYYY filthy.
If you are going to keep filter floss (Mechanical Filtration) It needs to be changed out once a week. If not your nitrates will get very high which im sure they are at this point.
What size is the tank and how often do you do water changes? And what amount of water do you change.
I would start off by losing the floss altogether and do a big water change,,, like 40-50%
It may not clear things right up. But it certainly wont hurt

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah it has some filter crap and then i have a filter sock. should i get ride of the other stuff and keep the sock. there is foam on the bottom should that go to.. it came with bio balls which i know arent good always but i cant get them the eff out of it...
i usally do 5 gal a week. i was slacking for a while.
but last week i did 5 gal everyday. my boyfriend is going out tonight o buy more 5 gal buckets so i can start to do 10 gal changes.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marineland 90 gal w overflow n kit
pro clear 125
marineland skimmer
2 koralia num 3 powerheads
2 koralia mega Powerheads
and heater
Deep Blue Professional 2+4 Bulb T5HO Units

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
how long has your tank been up and running? I us filters but I change them every week and I stay on top of it. You need to test the water before anyone is going to try to help you because we dont know where to begin. You will have to spend the money for the test kits we all did and still do.... And I would go with salifert test kits....

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey SOrry ive been busy. ive tried a bunch of crap. i change the water. got rid of stuff. and still nothing grows and another fish died. i used a normal filter when i had my 55gal and things grew and made it.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If you're legit, toss the bio balls, and get like 100 lb of live rock in that system. Doing Mech filtration only on a 90g system is a bad idea IMO. Also, re-do that whole sump or atleast clean it. Get some new testing kits and post all the params. I dont know how this thread got to page 2 with absolutely no parameter postings so others can help you without going to your house to meet you and your boyfriend.

Last edited by a moderator:

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because i tested it and everything was in the Normal Range. how would i go about cleaning it? its is hard to get in the sump cuz of how it is made. a man from total aquairums said he would come look. my boyfriend knows nothing about fish and my 55gal tank was a completely diffrent set up. and i had it set up the wrong way and stuff actually grew. when i loved i got a bigger tank and got wut i should have. and its been a mess. i would like someone to come over anf fix it and then after that explain to me wut to do after that. if i dont figure it out when we go to our next duty station im doing freshwater.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: