MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
thanks....I haven't read a book from him in a few years..I really should, but anyway I had a rockwall aquascape for many years and thought that by creating the two islands it would open things up for more growth and swimming room as well as allow more flow....

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
thanks....I haven't read a book from him in a few years..I really should, but anyway I had a rockwall aquascape for many years and thought that by creating the two islands it would open things up for more growth and swimming room as well as allow more flow....

Mike - how did the rock-wall aquascaping work out for you in retrospect, did you find a lot of detritus back there when you took it out? Would you suggest them and is there a way to limit any downside they do have?

Just thought I'd ask as that question pops up here every now and then...

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
thanks Jonathan..
Kathy....a few years ago when reef tanks really started getting popular the theory was the more rock the better because of it's filtration value, but as we have learned now there are better ways to maintain water quailty with better husbandry and equipment....the long term effect of all the rock stuffed in there wasn't known, but now as I and many have found out after a few years it just becomes a detris trap also limiting flow, coral growth and swimming room...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: