Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've been running my current tank for 7 months in that time ive battled flatt worms twice hair alage equipment malfunctions etc ........
Now I'm battling cyano
I know exactly what all of u r gonna say po4 no3 high! use rodi
I test po4 with Hanna checker it comes out as 0 which I know can't be true !
My nitrates show 0 with a red sea test kit I've tested a bunch of times
My tds has been 6 the last few times I made water I was told this is high so I bought new filters
I have a few different types of macro growing in my fugue

Soo can my tds at 6 be causing these cyan o issues ?
I run phosban and carbon change 8 gal a week
Is this just a new tank still setteling in ? I still have some hair alage also
My biggest issue is I've taken a liking to high end zoas and they r not happy with the recent alage out break

Just seeing if I'm missing something
Thanks Matt

Recently started dosing 2 part from bright well

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Matt..like I told you the other day if you have cyno, hair, or other excessive unwanted algaes.. they are feeding off something even though the tests read 0. A good start is making future water changes with the reading of 0 ..I heard this line twenty years ago and it still holds true in reef keeping....good things take time and bad things happen fast

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
My tank didn't begin to settle down until about month 8. Up till then I had to be blowing off the rocks and syphoning off stuff off the sand. I still have a couple patches of hair algae but no new growth and it is dying off slowly. I also began using npx pellets about that time too.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: