Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i agree, although it wouldn't be my first choice to use a copper wire lol it shouldn't have any ill effects. The copper would need to be in there for a while to start dissolving and causing ill effects..

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
+1 they really mean it. when my brother had a tank a long time ago he poured the water from another lfs in the tank after acclimating and it was copper treaded and within 30 seconds all the inverts were dead. they must be extremely sensitive because it was like .05ppm when he tested it. but yea bout the wire thing i don't really think its going to be harmful unless it dissolves.
Don't be surprised if you have issues with the inverts now. When they say copper kills inverts they mean it.

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
its not about it being in the tank for 1 second.knowing this kid he will put it on top of his tank one day and it will fall in without him realizing it and start to corrode and poof everything dies .then we will get a i cant believe all my inverts dyed from my copper net thread.

Anthony.Luciano710

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
true but he is extremely neat ive never seen him leave anything laying around even fish food. unlike me i feed it and throw the bottle on top of my lights he will feed it and put it right back under the cabinet.
its not about it being in the tank for 1 second.knowing this kid he will put it on top of his tank one day and it will fall in without him realizing it and start to corrode and poof everything dies .then we will get a i cant believe all my inverts dyed from my copper net thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: