Rating - 100%
161   0   0
im having a ph problem ,my ph is about 7.0 to 7.2 never any higher ,i have recalibrated my ph probe at leat 20 times ,i ordsered new fluid and tryed it again ,i also tested my cal fluid and its reading true ,y cant i get my ph up ? my tanks a little over a year old i have lps clams sps and everything been doing great i have no idea y its so low any ideas ,heres my parameters alk 9.0
cal 440
mag 1400
nitrate 2
phos .o2
salt .o26
temp 78.6

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
its def not the probe i recalibrated it with new solution when i dip the probe in the 10 reagent it reads 10 same with the 7 i opened a window ,batt ur saying u think its the pellets can i shut the pellet reactor off and see if it goes up will that mess up the pellets and kill the bacteria

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Probes not that old to fail yet but could be it, try the probe in RO and fresh salt mix.

Are you running a calcium reactor? effluent output may be to close to the probe?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
when i ran the pellets i had very low ph now they are off line no problems keeping it at 8.2 8.3 with dosing kalk
jmo i think the pellets did more harm then good
its just my opinon

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
pellets will not cause your ph to drop like that, i have been using them for almost 8 months with no issue's my ph stays 8-8.2

people assume it is pellets alot of time, go read on RC. i did have a post in reguards to it and have read and used them for 8 months as stated with no issue's

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
when i took the pellets off line i had no ph problem after that so mabey its was something but the only thing i change was the pellets
its just my opinon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: