bonomo53

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
So i recentally picked up a reef keeper lite and having been monitoring my temp with it through out the day. I noticed that my tank starts out at 78 degrees in the morning and slowly rises by .1 degrees to 82 degrees at night before my lights go off then goes back down to 78. Should i be worried about this what can be dobe besides running a chiller

Salty Dog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
temps will creep up durung the day when lighting is at full power, I run a chiller and a large fan in my wet room that turns on when temps reach 78.5 in the tank, the fan blows directly at my sump and keeps temps in line

NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.5%
364   2   0
Might get worse during the heat of the summer. A chiller might be a good idea. If you have a glass top, replace that with a mesh top or at least an egg crate to get more aeration and steady temperature. If you gonna use egg crate, make sure the fish that u have aren't jumpers.

Chris Jury

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, that is a perfectly acceptable and perhaps even desirable regime. I would go ahead with the fans though, and start keeping a closer eye what with summer coming up. You don't want to come home to a tank that is unexpectedly 88 F. Maxing out at ~82 F, especially if you can maintain that through the summer, is great IMO.

cj

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: