Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm not sure how many have read the article but it seems to me that marcin has experienced the exact deja vu that has happened to me these past two weeks.

Now most will say water parameters are off, but no they are not, every thing is with in acceptable numbers. At first I thought it was chemical but after checking every parameter twice myself and then having a friend do it,we both came up with the same results. through observation I pointed at the asterinas but I was led to believe from experience that I had to be wrong.Yet here is another reefer with the exact problem.

What is the experience out there with most of you, and if your response is scavenger, please explain. However if like myself and marcin, you are having the same experience then chime in and let us know what you are doing about the war plans.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I used to have hundreds before I killed my tank and started over with all dry base rock. I never saw them on the Zoa/Palys. I didn't notice anything off about them. But maybe I had the reef safe species. Either way, my new philosophy is KILL THEM ALL. Im not risking it with this tank.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I hve seen and photographed white asterinas (with colorful dots) eat zoas. These zoas may have been sick or dying, but the white asterinas most def ate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
There are a few articles and books which classify them as reef safe, but I can tell you from observation that the ones in my tank had a very expensive meal. And now the war is on and termination is inevitable.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
i want to get a harlequin shrimp to eat mine but i have 2 sand siffters as well woried about them from what i hear they will eat what ever they find first

Yes, they will probably eat your sand sifters first as this is an easy meal for them. However, sand sifting stars are easy to catch and put in the sump. I tried to catch my serpent star, it's impossible, even when you think you have it, it clings to a rock and damn this thing is strong...

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
i want to get a harlequin shrimp to eat mine but i have 2 sand siffters as well woried about them from what i hear they will eat what ever they find first

It will most definitely go after your sand sifters. I had a friend recently add a pair of hungry harley's to her tank, and before even settling in thy started working on the sifters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: