S1024L

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
There isn't really any optimal setting due to the all various factors. If you can explain exactly what you dont like about your pics would help. ie color is off=white balance, blurry pic=slow shutter speed, only a part of the pic is in focus=aperature, etc.

S1024L

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What mode do you use? Do you shoot in RAW? Are you using the zoom to the maximum? If you can, send me a sample pic and I will look at the exif information.

There is a firmware update for your camera, not sure if it applys to you.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...t_pro_series/powershot_g10#DriversAndSoftware
Corrects the phenomenon concerning the PowerShot G10 in which a magenta (reddish purple) cast appears if RAW images are recorded under the following conditions:
1) Continuous shooting under ISO 1600 setting.
2) Single shooting only if the LCD monitor display mode is set to the OFF position.

Images that are affected cannot be confirmed when viewed on the camera's LCD monitor. It can only be confirmed when using image processing software to develop the RAW images on a PC.

S1024L

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The G10 is a great camera, I shoot with Canon DSLRS and am a big fan of Canons. You should consider shooting RAW if you want to be able to easily adjust your pics. I meant shooting mode=Automatic, P, AV, TV or manual?

Try this:

1. Set camera to TV mode at 1/100th of a sec, faster if you are taking pics of fish and dont use the zoom, does this address the blurriness?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: