tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
With summer time right around the corner, lots of us will be going on vacation and I was wondering if MR had a VACATION CHECKLIST? and if we don't, maybe we can make one and post it as a sticky? All members can pitch it, just the basics and some tips, I know I for one use a buddy of mine that is also a reefkeeper so this definitely helps when im away knowing there is someone with the same knowledge if not more as me watching and caring for my tank. So my checklist goes something like this, I hope this is followed by other MR members checklist and if we already have a sticky then my bad lol.

TOMMYSREEF CHECKLIST
1. make sure the sump water level is where i want it to be
2. having enough salt water and RODI water on stand by
3. clean out that skimmer cup
4. clean tank glass
5. fix any misc. problems with the system that i've been holding off lol
6. filter socks if you have them i take them off when im on vaca just incase they clog up
7. i have a RKE, and i make sure its online so i can check my tank parameters from my iphone while away.

so im interested in seeing what other MR members post about this? please add your knowledge for the VACATION CHECKLIST thanks again!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I believe it was Sanjay's talk at MACNA Orlando that he said when it comes to vacationing and our tanks; our biggest enemy is ourselves. Do what you need to do a week before departure, step back and just monitor.

Your list looks pretty good though!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: