Magiclamets

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jbj nano 28 gallon. It's being filter by a fluval 303 with has carbon and chemi pure in the fluval. I also have the regular filter in the tank that has a sponge and chemi pure and as my skimmer it's a jbj skimmer. Is that enough info? Oh yeah few days ago I added a nitra-sorb sponge

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ideally replace the canister with a sump unless you already have one but a sump is great for holding equip such as a skimmer, heater, ato and other things. If theres no space for a sump just remove the canister but a sump is great also adds water volume.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
After taking off the canister filter you will need to do regular water changes and testing. Oh, and cut back on feedings as well to keep the nitrates down.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Just yesterday I started doing weekly water changes and replacing all the water from the canister. Would that help?
Definitly, remember you're changing dirty water with clean water. 15-20% weekly and testing is a good start. Nitrate at 10 ppm is acceptable IMO.

chasesng

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was gonna ask how hi are your nitrates? Was also interesting to see Dre comment that up to 10 ppm is acceptable. I use salifert kits for testing and it can be pretty difficult to match colors so I go much more by ranges

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: