artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was looking at these skimmers for my 25 gal cube. Any input would be appriciated. I think the construction on the Aqua Euro is a little better but they use what looks like a cheep pump. The Eshopps uses a sk200 Sicce Pump. They both are available in the 225 range.
I am currently running a Red Sea c-skim 1800. It is really is too big for my 10 gal sump.

hamilton-cone.jpg

Aqua Euro 200 Cone Skimmer
eshopps120.jpg

Eshopps S-120 Cone Skimmer

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Whats your budget limit? If you spent a few dollars more you could get a much better cone skimmer. I was just recently looking at a new cone, went with a Reef Octopus extreme xs 160, might be a bit more than these two you listed, but the Bubble Magus Nac7 or Nac6 even if youre looking for something rated around 120 gallons would fit right in your budget and has excellent reviews. There is also the SWC xtreme 120 or 160 cone as well, good luck with whatever you pick.

Edited for spelling, damn cellphones.

Last edited:

artie1209

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
250 tops. Looking to keep some leathers, some zoos, maybe an anemone or a few LPS like Acans, torch ... you know the tough stuff. My main tank is a 120 so I don't want to divert too much funds from that. I know that sometimes these skimmers don't scale down well. The pricing on the two mentioned models was low enough to tweak my interest.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Staying within the 250 budget I'd say the BM Nac 7. The BM Nac 7 is exactly 250 & has great reviews, great overall skimmer and you won't go over budget.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...ubble-magus-bm-nac7-cone-protein-skimmer.html

I believe they're out of stock at the moment but you should look at some of the vendors on this forum they have these skimmers too.

EDIT: Whoever invented cellphone spellcheckers should really rethink the logic behind it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: