ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hey guys, I just got a RBTA from Spryo on Monday. It seem to be doing well as far as I know. Never had an anemone before so I don't know if its doing good or now.

Here is a picture for your preasure.
Rose%20Bubble%20Tip%20Anemone.jpg

A little history, even if its only been 4 days:

Monday 4/4:
Brought this baby home, he was only like 3 inch big. Not too big, yet. Its green on the base and orange on the tips as you can see the photo. During that night, when the tank light was off, I saw my Ocellaris clown already hosting with it already. I have two false percula clown that I brought on saturday. One is 1" and the other is 1.5". They are pretty small, was hoping they will pair up.

Tusday 4/5:
The anemone look like it was fully attached to the tongo branch. He look a little better than when I first got him. I would see my clown swimming in and out of it.. I see at night this time both of my clown was hosting it now. I thought that was the best thing ever happen, until...

Wed 4/6:
Came home today and almost had a heart attack. The clown was deflated and mouth was wide open. This was not a good sign at all. Even my BTA is all deflated, some how my clown is still playing and messing with it.
I think the clown is loving it to death. I see from time to time that it was nibing the tips. So I acted immediately and chase the clown away and use trap with hole in it to cover the anemone. Luckly after 3-4 hours, the tips of the anemone was finally recovering and starting to look like bubble anemone. :D :D Also fed it some mysis shrimps to chew and relax in.

Thurs 4/7:
Came home today and it still looking healthy.

Question, is this behavior normal?? How long should I quarantine before I let my clown host in him again.

Spyro

Rating - 100%
0   0   1
it's a normal cycle in an anemone's life. It inflates and after it is fed will completely deflate to expel it's waste. I have a 10" RBTA that becomes 1" when fully deflated. As long as you don't see it's insides comming out of it's mouth, it's normal behavior.

Spyro

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Nice anemone. What you observed is normal behavior.

You probably gave your clown fish a heart attack!!! just when it and the anemone were at their happiest!

And really, is there anything wrong with being loved to death (probably the best way to go IMHO). LOL

[ April 08, 2005, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: solbby ]

FastUno

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
My Maroon Clown was so in love with my RBTA that it would never leave it. As a result the RBTA became more & more deteriorated over time. A constant rubbing, poking, love & aggression.

Has anyone else experienced this before or am I the only lucky one?

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Speaking of GF something about that picture reminds me of my gf on a cold winter day ;) :D

[ April 08, 2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: DRZL ]

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ok, back to the subject. Look what happen after I took the quanrantine trap out and what happen to it.. My clown is at it again.. This does not look good at all..

Any help??

Sick_RBTA.jpg

Ignore my green starfish, its just happen to be hanging out near my rbta. He is not doing anything to my rbta. I think it those damn clown.. :(

Spyro

Rating - 100%
0   0   1
be patient, the rbta will be just fine. As long as the clownfish arent massive. The anemone will get used to the poking and proding. It happens every time I put a new anemone in my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: