Rob_Reef_Keeper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 60%
3   2   0
I have a 60G cube (24x24x24). Its been running for 4 months. I have a mp10 on the back wall left (facing the tank) of the center overflow and Korilla 1 on the right. I am planning on replacing the Korilla with another MP10 or bigger. The tank is/will be a mixed reef. SPS up top. LPS/Zoas on the bottom. I do have sand in the tank. Pic was taken 4/12/11.

I am noticing algae building up on the rocks in places and I understand its a new tank and it will go through algae cycles. The algae is simply removed from the rocks by aiming a powerhead or using my hand to move the water near the rocks. I am just wondering if I have too many dead spots of flow.

What should I change for the flow? Pattern, MP10 placement, additional MP10/40? Ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• tank_4_12_11.jpg
    tank_4_12_11.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 132

Rob_Reef_Keeper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 60%
3   2   0
I moved it up a little. There is still hardly any flow to the front of the rock work. last night I used my hand to stir up the water around the rocks and most of the algae came off and allot of detritus. More flow is needed but just do not know how too achieve it right.

Pallobi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think if you get the second mp10, and have one on each side of the overflow, but they are not being blocked by your rockwork, and you set them to work with each other (if they are wireless), or even if they arent wireless, you will see a great improvement... GL

ps: love your rockwork :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: