So I was wondering if anyone has ever kept an upside down jellyfish, they look pretty cool and I'm considering of getting one since I have a nice refugium setup with a mangrove area. I know cardinals in general like to hang out in mangroves but I also wanted to add these jellyfish since from what I've read they're found in similar areas? Any thoughts or ideas and experiences to share? Also if anyone knows any other type of animals that would do well in a setup like this please let me know. Thanks in advance, Fortunato

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Fortunato, just an FYI for you and anyone else who uses a refugium for anything other than nutrient export and pod piles........

Refugiums that have fish in them, or any other predatory type of critter that requires even so much as a little feeding is NOT A REFUGIUM any longer......it is this new fangled thing called a 'fish tank'.

A refugium cannot have ANY predators in them. The definition of a refugium is a 'safe haven'. So even if you add a single Cardinal into a fuge with mangroves, this is no longer a refugium, it is now a fish tank, sometimes known as an aquarium.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: