ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Lol, thanks Barrie! Yeah, I'm a sucker for projects. I didn't put up pics yet but just 3 feet next to this tank is a 60g Rimless Cube that is a Zoanthid tank. Its chained to the SPS tank and kinda acting like a refugium right now, lol. I won't post pics until I get the nutrient export architecture right in that tank. *sigh* If we're not occupying our time with mindless projects, what else are we to do?

DrAsTiC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Wow now I am sold on the zeovit. I was in Germany 2 months ago and saw a tank running zeovit in a music studio and I was so impressed with the colors. Your tank is amazing I am sure it looks even better in person.. How do you guys like the AI sols? I am confused about what Led to buy and I have seen everyone buying the AI sols. Are you running the sol blue or white or both?

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Pics of initial setup, then running:

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great looking tank. I just picked up a vertex alpha cone 170. How do you like it? Any pics of your sump area?

Oh, the Alpha is amazing. I've been a royal exclusiv fan for a while now, and the Alpha Cone is basically a BK at 1/2 the price. Runs super quiet and efficient with the Red Dragon pump and the air injection is huge! Couldn't be happier with it.

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
holy crap that looks great in the one pic it looks like you only have 2 modules over your tank if that is true how high and what are your settings

Actually, I'm running 6 modules. Originally 4, but I decided to put 2 more, lol. I actually only run them at 80% and you can see my SPS on the sandbed is loving life! AI's are very underrated in the power and penetration. My tank is 48 x 36 x 27. The 36 Deep Dimension is what made me decide to get 2 more units. Don't get me wrong, I totally could get away with 4, but since my rockwork is very tall, it causes shadows so thats why I went with 6 to get better spread. Problem is, I can't run it at 100% or it will burn the SPS colonies towards the top of the Rockwork.

They are hung pretty high, I would say about 14" from the water surface.

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
amazing tank.... could you let me know what your settings are for you AIs and how many you have and how far are they from the water and all that good stuff? lol I have them ordered and wanna know the best settings to use once I get them!

I run a pretty simple light cycle, until the evening. Then I like to allow the Blues to slowly overtake the white and before lights out, it goes all Royal Deep Blue. Timer 6 & 7 is what I use to simulate some white moonlight for a few hours in the late night. I don't use the lunar mode because you need to set the LEDs at 10% to let the unit cycle down and up over 28 days. IMO, 10% is MUCH too bright for Full Moon Simulation, so I just manually do a soft white light. Here are my settings:

Timer 1: Start 10:00am WH=80, BL=80, RY=80 Ramp Time 240m
Timer 2: Start 6:00pm WH=30, BL=50, RY=50 Ramp Time 240m
Timer 3: Start 10:00pm WH=0, BL=20, RY=30 Ramp Time 60m
Timer 4: Start 11:00pm WH=0, BL=0, RY=10 Ramp Time 60m
Timer 5: Start 12:00am WH=0, BL=0, RY=0 Ramp Time 60m
Timer 6: Start 1:00am WH=1, BL=0, RY=0 Ramp Time 30m
Timer 7: Start 3:00am WH=0, BL=0, RY=9 Ramp Time 0m

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for all the good words guys!!!

PS - Rumor has it that I'm moving into my new Town House May 1st...I just may upgrade again, lol. No, actually I'm definitely setting up the 300DD tank then. Love that tank.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
beautiful tank.....looks like you'll need to start trimming soon enough.

When your tank gets that full do you find yourself able to get acquisitions? I think what makes it so interesting when starting a tank and the first few months is getting corals, watching them grow, adding here there but I've never had a full grown tank.

Does it get boring at that stage where your main focus is maintenance? Most people finish stocking within a year or two as far as fish and most on here you can see almost full of coral and letting things grow out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: