ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, I thought I'd share a my 200g Marineland Deep Dimension SPS Tank. Some of you have seen it, here is the latest. These pics were taken at around 11pm so the tank got pretty blue. I'll update the thread with some more pics taken in the afternoon during some whiter lighting. Also, just posted Daytime pics on page 2. Enjoy!

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Last edited:

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Great tank and beautiful SPS you have there. Good job! Can you post your equipment and maintenance schedule for everybody?

Thanks, sure here's my tank info:

200g Marineland Deep Dimension Zeovit System

Equipment
AI Sol Blue Lighting System
Vertex Alpha Cone 170 Skimmer
Vertex Zeovit Reactor
BM Dosing Pump

I have always used Zeovit because I believe it creates the most natural environment for corals. Maricultured and wild corals I have found require very little acclimation periods and usually show full adaptation almost immediately. Zeovit also has been the most efficient method of nutrient export due to the natural biological filtration. At first, the amount of dosing products may seem cumbersome but I found after a month or so, it became very easy and almost 2nd nature. While not all of the products I use are essential, I find they all serve a good purpose. For example Biomate helps keep my rockwork and substrate completely free of any buildup of sludge. It really keeps the system very clean looking. I labeled with an * the essentials that I keep a very tight schedule on. The others, I dose really as per needed or at my leisure.

Zeovit Schedule
*2.5L of Zeoliths are changed out every 2 months
*Zeobak dosed 2x weekly
*Zeostart dosed via BM Dosing Pump
Coral Vitalizer food source dosed 2x weekly
Coral Snow dosed 2x weekly
Zeozym dosed 2x weekly
Biomate dosed 3x weekly

The Flow in my system is a triple synced MP40 setup. Sync & Anti Sync on either sides of the tank and one on the back wall. I use the Ecosmart setting for turbulance and once or twice a week, I set it on Ecosmart Nutrient Export for about 10 minutes to stir up any detritus that lingers.

I believe the Key to my SPS success is both Zeovit and also the BM Dosing pump. Ever since using the dosing pump, my water parameters have been spot on all the time. Even dosing of Sodium Carbonate, Calcium Chloride and Calcium Gluconate, Zeostart (Carbon Source) has made a huge difference in the tanks stability. Each solution is dosed at 24 intervals throughout the day making sure the levels never really noticeably shift.

Finally, the most import part is weekly water changes. I have been using Aquavitro Salinity for quite some time now. I do about a 15% water change every single Sunday. This really helps in maintaining ionic balance with all of the trace elements and elements such as Magnesium, Strontium, Iodide, Potassium, etc... Without the weekly water changes, the system would have fallen out of ionic balance very quickly with the amount of SPS and their high demands in elements.

DrAsTiC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I was going to go with Zeovit and I see a lot of people have had great success with it. Did you buy it directly from them or another supplier? Thank you for sharing your dosing plans they seem to work great in your tank.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Very spectacular tank. I love the dimensions on those DD tanks.

You are always up to something completely new every time I see you in here.

Looking forward to seeing how those corals progress in that tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: