xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Well i finally pulled the trigger and decided to order my first canon camera today, Cant wait till i have in my hands next week i will keep you guys posted =D. Can some of canon user post some pictures of your camera skills if that's not to much to ask lol :fishhit:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
it'll be fun.. I just picked up a nikon d3100... and just getting to learning the settings and taking pictures is the fun part... don't forget to shoot in raw... and get a program like adobe photoshop... :)

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm not sure if CS2's camera raw will update for the T3 raw file. If not, download the adobe DNG converter and you'll be fine. Another alternative would be to get adobe lightroom.

Lightroom will give you all of the camera raw capabilities in a much more simplified version along with being significantly less expensive.

rrudo74901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Good luck with the new toy.
Just remember, that is a 1.6x crop camera so it takes both EF and EF-s lenses. If you plan on upgrading to a 1.3x or full frame, when you invest in additional lenses, you may want to go with the EF as they are interchangable with all Canon cameras.
Learn to use the manual and semi automatic settings, Av especially. If you are shooting sports, at 3 fps it is a bit slow so time your shots. For in tank shots, definitely shoot RAW so you can white balance in PP and invest in a good macro lens.

Good luck and have fun.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Good luck with the new toy.
Just remember, that is a 1.6x crop camera so it takes both EF and EF-s lenses. If you plan on upgrading to a 1.3x or full frame, when you invest in additional lenses, you may want to go with the EF as they are interchangable with all Canon cameras.
Learn to use the manual and semi automatic settings, Av especially. If you are shooting sports, at 3 fps it is a bit slow so time your shots. For in tank shots, definitely shoot RAW so you can white balance in PP and invest in a good macro lens.

Good luck and have fun.

Thank you so much for this great info buddy I didn't know about this. All I knew is that you can change the lens back and fourth that's about it lol

rrudo74901

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OK, you want to go on Photography on the Net or POTN and Fred Mirdanda's forum site. Read about the different cameras and features. EF-s lenses will not fit on any full frame or 1.3x crop camera, but the EF-s lenses are specifically designed for the 1.6x sensor in your camera and a few others Canon makes.
Read about the difference between the sensors. There are also great BST areas on both those sites where you can buy used equipment. "L" series (Luxury series, the best) Canon lenses tyipcally sell at 25% off retail in very good lightly used condition. This will allow you to "test" a lens and if you don't like it, you can sell it without taking a huge loss or any loss at all.
Lots to learn just like in reefing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: