jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Hope the zombie say thank you when they are eating my skull
Its really sad
When did it stop if i didn't use them growing up man o man grandpa had a hand on the back of my head so fast

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Yes it did, and now I teach my girls to be have good manners no matter if the person they are being nice to appreciates it or not. ... Minus the foul language... Of course!

Hard thing to do but i found funny when my 6 year old has more manners then a 30 year old so i guess i am doing my job

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
wow i am hurt QUOTE=masterswimmer;1228437]Why would you equate having good manners to not being a jerk? Just because you say, 'Excuse me', or 'thank you', or 'you're welcome', or 'can I get that door for you ma'am', doesn't mean you're not a jerk as well. :Yikes:

Oh, and Jerl :hug: :)
R[/QUOTE]

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Here's the way I see it; we have people from all over the world that were not taught the same values that we were. They don't understand our ways, and some do not care to learn them. Then there are those who live in the "me, myself, and I" world. Those just don't give 2 hoots about anyone else, and truly believe that everything is due them so why should they say "Thank You" when you owed them anyways.:(

I thank God everyday for my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles who took the time to teach me! I can only hope that I have done them proud as I live my life. I taught my children the same, and they in turn are now teaching theirs.;)

Kathy, I know "your welcome has now become no problem, or you bet".lol

Thank you Jerl for putting up this thread. Perhaps it will help some to understand what manners are.;) BTW, one of my grandfathers used quite a bit of fowl language, but would knock any of his children or grandchildren have across the room if they used it. His motto was: "Do as I say, not as I do".....

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
wow i am hurt QUOTE=masterswimmer;1228437]Why would you equate having good manners to not being a jerk? Just because you say, 'Excuse me', or 'thank you', or 'you're welcome', or 'can I get that door for you ma'am', doesn't mean you're not a jerk as well. :Yikes:

Oh, and Jerl :hug: :)
R

Did you miss the :hug: and :) ??? lol

R

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Here's the way I see it; we have people from all over the world that were not taught the same values that we were. They don't understand our ways, and some do not care to learn them. Then there are those who live in the "me, myself, and I" world. Those just don't give 2 hoots about anyone else, and truly believe that everything is due them so why should they say "Thank You" when you owed them anyways.:(

I thank God everyday for my parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles who took the time to teach me! I can only hope that I have done them proud as I live my life. I taught my children the same, and they in turn are now teaching theirs.;)

Kathy, I know "your welcome has now become no problem, or you bet".lol

Thank you Jerl for putting up this thread. Perhaps it will help some to understand what manners are.;) BTW, one of my grandfathers used quite a bit of fowl language, but would knock any of his children or grandchildren have across the room if they used it. His motto was: "Do as I say, not as I do".....
Lol love that motto my grandma said the same

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: