strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Everything is fine rob. Nothing is falling into the sumps. Unlike others I can care less how my sumps and fuge look. As long as the DT is perfect. I don't waste time fixing my filtration to be pretty :)

If it's not pretty on the inside chances are it isn't on the outside lol. Those of "us" who take the time to make things "pretty" as you put it usually spend just as much time making our tanks look as neat. Nothing worse than maintaining a sump amongst a cluttered, wire and tube filled mess. Neatness and "Prettiness" stems from a certain amount of pride in ones work. IMO a sloppy sump can be a breeding ground for parasites such as Ick and FW's. I look at it kind of like how you don't see many Show Cars w dirty sloppy engine bays....Jmo though...

Here is a 75 gallon sump I just finished up for my new build. All glass 5/16 baffles including all glass sock holder for dual 4" socks. Need to drill top cover for drain bulkheads and return section but will do that once the sump room is done and it's in its final spot.

mu5a2esu.jpg

any3u7eh.jpg

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yeah that makes perfect sense. Seriously I don't know why I post any more on this site with a few negative people on here. So if your wires are situated in a organized manner it means you will have no parasites Geez. Seriously man where on earth do you get these ideas. I didn't say my water quality on my fuge and sump where filled with crap. I can care less how my wires fall or what 1000 dollar piece of equipment I have. If it works and my DT is doing well I have not a care in the world if my wood for my 3 tanks are painted white, my wires are hanging in view of pictures or if someone don't like how my filtration looks. Nothing is loose and falling in my water everything is screwed in and zip tied and I won't have any fires in the near future. If you ask me people with picture perfect sumps have a little OCD LOL

Last edited:
C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I think the wires on top is a good idea. I am redoing my set up and will consider something similar. I am will be more worried about having water fLl on my wires (which has happened to me) then having my wires fall in my tank. If you screwed in in the beam I don't think it is going anywhere.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Some people do care about there wires and some people do not. You can spend hours making it look as pretty as a peach but your display may look horrific. Leave duke alone and worry about your own wires. I have seen engines bays that look like a rats nest but they pull 10's all day long.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Only critique bio man is the 2 reactors outside the sump. Tlf reactors are notorious for leaking.

I 100% agree with that I've been thinking about how to mount them above the sump for when that does happen! Or possibly inside the sump since the body is pretty much plastic. I hope we get more posters so I can get a clue!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: