Hey guys, so my yearly getaway is coming up and we have chosen Cozumel for this year's trip. Last year I took a cruise and stopped in a couple places and this was one of them and I loved the little snorkeling that I did and said I would go back for week. Anyways, I would like to hear of people's experience here and if there are specific things or places I should see. I'm really loving the cenotes they have there, so that will probably be one of the excursions. Thanks in advance.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If possible get certified in diving before you go. Scuba diving Cozumel is much better than snorkeling.

June to September I believe is also whale shark season, you can arrange a trip to swim with them out in the ocean. It's a real cool experience.

If possible get certified in diving before you go. Scuba diving Cozumel is much better than snorkeling.

June to September I believe is also whale shark season, you can arrange a trip to swim with them out in the ocean. It's a real cool experience.

Yeah I've heard the scuba is amazing but I don't think I have time to get certified by the time I go. I did look up a program that starts on Thursday but it's my gf's bday and I can't miss it (again, just not worth the headache) so maybe next time I go away I'll be able to scuba.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
While your down there they have classes that you can take to be certified. Some places do it in there pool at the hotel. Other places do it in the ocean. My wife did it when we were in cancun. Wasn't expensive at all but it did take 2-3 hours if I remember correctly. We took a boat over to Cozumel where we rode the mopeds all day and went shopping bridge swimming with the Dolphins at oceanic

ReefDiver

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The cenotes are spectacular, more so on the mainland. But they are pretty much submerged caves and aren't a good choice for a novice diver. You can do a quickie Discover Diving one day scuba class and follow a DiveMaster on a tour, but better to take your time and get properly certified when you get back.Enjoy the snorkeling, cervezas and margaritas!

The cenotes are spectacular, more so on the mainland. But they are pretty much submerged caves and aren't a good choice for a novice diver. You can do a quickie Discover Diving one day scuba class and follow a DiveMaster on a tour, but better to take your time and get properly certified when you get back.Enjoy the snorkeling, cervezas and margaritas!

Yeah I saw that option of discover scuba, it looks pretty cool and if I wanted to continue with their training there, they'll credit the cost of discover scuba toward the scuba certification class. But like you said, I think I'll stick with getting certified around here. I checked out the place you told me about, pretty good price, I would have loved to start on Thursday but unfortunately I can't.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Yeah I've heard the scuba is amazing but I don't think I have time to get certified by the time I go. I did look up a program that starts on Thursday but it's my gf's bday and I can't miss it (again, just not worth the headache) so maybe next time I go away I'll be able to scuba.

Yes diving Cozumel is spectacular. For what it's worth I got certified in a week. Did classes and pool sessions than did open water following week. The classes and pool sessions ended early afternoon. Open waters I did here on Long Island and was back before noon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: