House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
My Tank when it was doing well. That was then . . .

Attachments

• Thatwasthen.jpg
    Thatwasthen.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 926
Last edited:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Nice to know your on the road back to recovery. But what was the cause of this? Was this just neglect. To busy not maintaining the tank? Or just system crash. Reason I'm asking I just had a mini crash. Was able to rebound quickly but lost growth thinking it was my a Nitrates. Just wanted to know so we understand how this happen.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Sorry to hear this. Nice to know your on the road back to recovery. But what was the cause of this? Was this just neglect. To busy not maintaining the tank? Or just system crash. Reason I'm asking I just had a mini crash. Was able to rebound quickly but lost growth thinking it was my a Nitrates. Just wanted to know so we understand how this happen.

aggravation with the hobby and it's lingering issues - long story.

Sheer neglect and not paying attention to the details. Salinity went down to .01825 and fish actually died.

House

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
aggravation with the hobby and it's lingering issues - long story.

Sheer neglect and not paying attention to the details. Salinity went down to .01825 and fish actually died.

House

You are a crappy reefer :teeth:

JK buddy, glad to see you take an interest again. It's amazing what a little time does to bounce our reefs back to their former glory. If you get into the sticks I have some stuff for you.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
There was no greater tank at the time this was booming. Im sure you will get back to its former glory. I remember the arm size colonies in this tank:bigeyes2:

bigsink

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
469   0   0
Jim, I saw your tank several times in its glory days and purchased many corals from you. Probably too many corals. Not only are you an outstanding reefer, you are one of the best guys I have ever met while reefing. Glad you are back on the right track.

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
Glad to see the cool blue anem Jim! I recently came back to the hobby too just a couple months ago :). Cant wait to see the progress

John you'll have to get back into reefing too maybe a smaller setup.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Yeah man - excited to be back.

Have my little nano with frags and for sure I'll be stopping by for some donations :)

Next step is to get the monster fish out that I've had for almost 8 years and in some cases 10 years so i can put some others in there.

House

So great to have Jim back! MR is a much better place with House in the house.:thrash:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Dosers are In

Ok, I got a nice package on Thursday with my BRS Drew Dosers, hoses, digital timers and some misc fittings. Since there is nothing that needs calcium in the tank at the moment, I'll be starting with 15ml per day Ca and dKh. Little less for Mg.

My goal is to increase the coraline algae all over the tank before adding new calcium dependent animals. Next few weeks I'll be watching very close and testing to see how its working out. Regular weekly 40g water changes with Instant Ocean has already shown some difference in the colors on the rock. I should see some significant changes in the coming weeks.

House

Attachments

• doser 1.JPG
    doser 1.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 247
  • doser 2.JPG
    doser 2.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 246
  • doser 3.JPG
    doser 3.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 252

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: