Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding a connection from the provided PVC tubing to vinyl tubing, leading into my sump. The provided PVC is supposedly 1.25" but nothing I find at Lowes or HD fits. I think the connector I'm looking for is a spigot to barb connector.

Anyone have an experience plumbing this type of reactor, or any for that matter? Plumbing newb here. I do believe the PVC provided with the reactor is schedule 80, knowing that makes a big difference in Outside Diameter.

Thanks!

And I'd rather use vinyl tubing than PVC for the tight space I have to work with.

Last edited:

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have some spigot to barb fittings around. Without seeing not sure if i have the right one.
And you might be able to get the tubing over the pvc with some heat.

You talking about what comes off the top?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I have one also, but it came with a metric to standard adapter. I connected that to a barbed hose adapter to connect to tubing. I was using all-in-on biopellets and they would clump together so I upgraded the pump to an AQ-1800 from Coralvue.
Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding a connection from the provided PVC tubing to vinyl tubing, leading into my sump. The provided PVC is supposedly 1.25" but nothing I find at Lowes or HD fits. I think the connector I'm looking for is a spigot to barb connector.

Anyone have an experience plumbing this type of reactor, or any for that matter? Plumbing newb here. I do believe the PVC provided with the reactor is schedule 80, knowing that makes a big difference in Outside Diameter.

Thanks!

And I'd rather use vinyl tubing than PVC for the tight space I have to work with.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Tried to respond to your PM but site is acting weird and won't allow.

NP, that's what fellow reefers are supposed to do.

LASCO is the name of the company that makes the fitting you'r looking for. IME you have a better chance of finding it at lowes rather than homecheapo

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
ed99a1a37f8de4b17349148a257de9fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Got them all, Pete. Thank you. Talk to you Tuesday. And thanks for all the pics guys, and the video. Very helpful
One question I do have tho, why the valve on the output side? I figured since the inflow affects how much water actually enters and therefore leaves the reactor, why not put the valve on that side?

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Got them all, Pete. Thank you. Talk to you Tuesday. And thanks for all the pics guys, and the video. Very helpful
One question I do have tho, why the valve on the output side? I figured since the inflow affects how much water actually enters and therefore leaves the reactor, why not put the valve on that side?

There's no need for that valve. It really is there because i was being lazy. I should remove it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: