Dee12dee12

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Recently I've been having issues with my SPS tips turning white. First it was a California tort. I moved it down to the sand bed and all is good.

Fast forward a month to now and another one of my SPS is doing the same thing. I also lost the tissue on a chalice and a blasto.

5fca23672930cf0cbf27f57d87103ed5.jpg

Tank has only been back online for 4 months. Previously succumbed to Tropical storm Sandy. Yes I have a generator now lol. Parameters below.

457260fc9fb4073cfff1c394cffb3d2a.jpg

Parameters pretty stable. Did see a slight alk swing with it rising to 10. It usually sits between 8.5 and 9.5 depending of time of dosing. Don't think it's ALK burn, but that's why I'm asking here.

Lights are two hydras and one Vega w/retro fit t5 on a 210 gallon.

All other SPS and LPS are doing well. Frags have encrusted and some are turning into mini colonies. Store bought colonies are doing well.
Thank you in advance.

Dee12dee12

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
so is the nitrate what you have listed as "nitrite"?

I think your alk is a bit high, for your nutrient load and light intensity. I would try lowering alk below 9, increase nitrates to about 5ppm, and see what that does.

Oops your right, my mistake. Didn't even notice that, but yes that is meant to be nitrate.

Thanks, I'll run my ALK in the low 8 range. I've been trying to raise my nitrates but this damn biopellet reactor has been sucking nitrates out the water. I was just gonna let the pellets use itself up.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Oops your right, my mistake. Didn't even notice that, but yes that is meant to be nitrate.

Thanks, I'll run my ALK in the low 8 range. I've been trying to raise my nitrates but this damn biopellet reactor has been sucking nitrates out the water. I was just gonna let the pellets use itself up.

Try using less pellets, and feeding a bit more. I wouldn't just go cold turkey with the pellet reactor.

Dee12dee12

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have about 30 different SPS in the tank and they are doing well. This one just doesn't look like the healthy white growth. In combo with the blasto not doing well and another table Acro that is losing its color. I may be over reacting on this one lol. I'll post a picture lol.

942587d765243f354d38784dd5c71082.jpg

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Now I'm thinking its Alk burn because of my low nutrients. I'm slowly lowering my Alk to the 7 range. The first coral in the pic has gotten worst so I what to see how it responds to the lower Alk

good move, go slow, even 8 will be nice, i keep mine around 8.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: