thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time on this forum and it definitely looks like a solid resource for my 20 Gallon long nano reef tank.

Just wanted to share my current set up as I am excited to watch this mini ocean evolve
spin2.gif

Tank:
20gallon long tank from the LFS. De-rimmed for a cleaner look.
Dimensions:30x12x12

Current setup:

Equipment:
-Tetra Whisper ex30
-Eshopps nano skimmer
-150 watt Cascade Submersible Aquarium Heater
-2 current USA Ramp Timer Pro lights
-2 Hydor Koralia Nano Aquarium Circulation Pump

LiveStock:
-1 sleeper gold head goby
-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
-1 Coral Angel Beauty

-Green Bubble Tip Anemone
-Green Star Polyp
-Green/orange Button Polyps
-Acan brain coral
-Green Hairy Mushrooms
-Xenia pulse coral
- 1 Duncan coral head

-3 Nassarius Snails
-2 bumble bee snails
-1 cleaner shrimp

Attachments

• 20longreef.jpg
    20longreef.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 2,469
  • IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    IMG_1206.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 737
Last edited:

Walter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

How many lbs of rock. I am planning on doing the same setup today. How many lbs of live sand. Did you buy the water already mixed or did you mix it yourself? 347 236 8100

thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many lbs of rock. I am planning on doing the same setup today. How many lbs of live sand. Did you buy the water already mixed or did you mix it yourself? 347 236 8100

TBH, I am not sure how many pounds of live sand I have. I originally had a 28 bowl and transferred around 3/4 over to the new tank. In regards to live rock, I probably have around 15lbs-17bs of live rock. I actually just took 2lbs out this morning. Lol.

thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: I no longer have the Coral Beauty Angel, I ended up trading it for some ZOA Frags. I felt bad keeping the angel is such a small tank, which was my fault :(

not sure if I want to buy another small fish, or just stick with 2 clown fish and one sleeper gold head.

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
nice tank. It is interesting. I don't necessarily agree with them but the biota people believe that their coral beauty angel is fit for a 10 gallon tank. I think you did the right thing. I think the bigger the tank the better for any fish.
How long have you had ur tank going?

thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank. It is interesting. I don't necessarily agree with them but the biota people believe that their coral beauty angel is fit for a 10 gallon tank. I think you did the right thing. I think the bigger the tank the better for any fish.
How long have you had ur tank going?

Thanks! previously I had a 28 bow for about 3 years. It crashed and I was lazy. I just started the 20 Long, two weeks ago and I love being dedicated to the hobby again! I just transferred everything (rock, sand, clowns) into the new tank to avoid recycling.

thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4.30.2017 Update

New corals added this weekend.

- Hammer Coral
- Favia Coral
- Candy Cane frag
- Chalice frag
- Orange Plate coral
- Green Polyp Toadstool Leather Coral

Attachments

• 4.30.2017.jpg
    4.30.2017.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 285
  • braincoral.jpg
    braincoral.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 282
  • candycane coral.jpg
    candycane coral.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 279
  • favia coral.jpg
    favia coral.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 281
  • orange plate coral.jpg
    orange plate coral.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 276
  • chalice coral.jpg
    chalice coral.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
how does ur bubble tip stay bubbled. I have a rose colored bta and it is bubbled but is very small. Your green one looks awesome.

thejayreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how does ur bubble tip stay bubbled. I have a rose colored bta and it is bubbled but is very small. Your green one looks awesome.

I actually just got rid of my BTA, unfortunately. He kept moving around the tank and was stingy all my coral. Couldn't take it anymore :( it always looked happy and always ate, just couldn't find a spot it was comfortable with which was stressing me out!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: