da2145r

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So one of my gold nuggets died yesterday don't know how he was eating being active so my question is if I add two midnight clownfish will agression exist between the one gold nugget in the aquarium and the two new clowns being that they are different species

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reef Trends

www.reeftrends.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
So one of my gold nuggets died yesterday don't know how he was eating being active so my question is if I add two midnight clownfish will agression exist between the one gold nugget in the aquarium and the two new clowns being that they are different species

Maroon clownfish are one of the most aggressive so while maybe not initially, ultimately almost certainly.

JuanSalgado

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
54   6   0
A Maroon Clownfish.
Don't try adding any other type of clown fish unless you want to waste your money and want to see the other clown fish die and I'm sure you don't want either one of those options.
Others have been able to keep all types of different Clownfish together in 1 system but it's a very low chance of that happening so just avoid the potential headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

da2145r

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
A Maroon Clownfish.
Don't try adding any other type of clown fish unless you want to waste your money and want to see the other clown fish die and I'm sure you don't want either one of those options.
Others have been able to keep all types of different Clownfish together in 1 system but it's a very low chance of that happening so just avoid the potential headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So can I do like another gold nugget or others from maroon family ?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I suggest keep the lone survivor by itself, sell it and buy another pair. I personally would not add other clown with it. GN or maroon

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: