Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm currently running 1 lb of gfo every week in my 220 I can't keep my po4 under 1.0
So I'm spending a lot $$ on gfo and still not keeping a consistent low #
Any recommendations ? I've used brs and cheap eBay kolar gfo to me it's the same works great for 3 -4 days then I check and po4 2.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Greg I've used that and always had issues with acro so I stopped

Will a scrubber really pull down po4 I've been running a 60 gal fuge and can get no3 to 0 with it but po4 never really came down assumed a fuge and scrubber would do similar removal of po4 ????

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What are you using to test the PO4?
Have tried testing new water to see if it's the source?

LC shouldn't harm acros unless you're pulling the PO4 out to fast, how were you dosing?

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i had issues with my po4 reading 25 about 2 months ago I got 2 bio bricks knowing that they would take a while to activate i started using phosguard at first i used slightly more than they recommend adding more as time went on, did regular water changes on a weekly base i got it down to .9 last night i dosed phosphate rx and will take a reading tonight it should be down to .03 to .04 ps i think the bio bricks are also starting to kick in.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Using green po4 Hanna checker
I can get it down with gfo but using a ton of it and it's super expensive when u need as much as I was going through then I'd get it down and if I slacked and didn't swap it every 3-4 days po4 goes right back up
I'm running phos guard in a media bag added yesterday within few hrs brought it down good amount will check it today to see if it's lower I'm not even shooting for real low anything in the .5 range I see much better pe etc

salpet

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
vio tried the po4 xport and he claims that it turned every thing brown he said that he still has more of it that he has not used if you look at the water chemistry forums you will see that i started a post about bio bricks

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hmmm I don't know I have decent color on some sps would think if po4 was that high I'd be getting brown outs but who knows I think I'm gonna just let tank do its thing and forget the gfo for a bit it's just making me crazy every time I check it and it's high I get really frustrated

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: