Panonhas

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Hi Rachid, looking great. One thing I would caution about the frag rack and maybe I just can?t see the whole thing. The one top on the pipe will start letting detritus go through and it will accumulate inside the pipe. I have personally witnessed it with mine, although the are much wider then yours. Just something to watch out for or keep in mind. Love the new additions btw.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Great eye man because I?m already currently dealing with it lol. I think I might plug the top so not to much ditritus can get down there. I also have a few wholes in the bottom and some of the top sides that can let the air out.

Anyhow good call, and I?m usually pretty good about taking the racks out and cleaning them out.

Thanks again boss!

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hi everyone, I?ve been meaning to share this on my thread and I don?t think I ever got around to it so here it goes. After my huge crash on December 2017, I told myself I would do things the right way and getting these two 50 gallon vertical water chambers was key! Left one makes the salt water and the right one always has rodi ready for me. I used 3 pumps, a heater and a Vectra L1 to make water in minutes! This setup has made weekly water changes for me so easy. I want to enhance it and automate it even more over time. I would love to get an old Apex classic on heat to have salinity and temperature check as I make water.

I also have an 8 stage RODI unit where I removed silicates with a silicate remover just to be safe and make sure I?m not feeding any diatoms if possible.

Feel free to leave a comment, questions or your pics of your water change system. I?m always intrigued to see how people like to make their lives easier.

https://youtu.be/ff7I_ja5Qlw

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So I took out the Nems from my small display tank under the stand decided I needed to give it a make over. Post pics to come later this week! I know that the clam and hammer are definitely going on here. Let?s see what other color I decide to add.

649fc34efb7ae0d4e24e59490aa23397.jpg

vincent

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
241   0   0
So the rock falls as I was placing it down and almost gave me a heart attack. These Bare bottom tanks really really do have a disadvantage when it comes to things like this.

It happens to me many times before but I have starboard covered the whole bottom of my tank and still got nervous when I hear the loud bang from falling rocks.
Good luck buddy!

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
So the rock falls as I was placing it down and almost gave me a heart attack. These Bare bottom tanks really really do have a disadvantage when it comes to things like this.

Uffffff!!!!!
Glad nothing bad happened, I got new rocks and I?ve been thinking about redoing my rockscape and go bare bottom but that is one of the things that is giving me headaches thinking what about if a rock falls and brakes the bottom glass.
I?m don?t know of a really good epoxy to attach the rocks together.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
It happens to me many times before but I have starboard covered the whole bottom of my tank and still got nervous when I hear the loud bang from falling rocks.

Good luck buddy!

Funny you say that because we used that for my buddies tank Luis in Astoria a few weeks ago and there no way that I don?t use that when I move back to NY. BTW,
Surprise surprise but I?m going to be your Nieghbhor again Vincent ha. We are moving back to Astoria or UES so you get to watch my tank along with Vio?s when we travel ha.. I?ll watch your tank but you might be missing one fish when you get back. Here is the video laying down the ABC board in my buddies tank.

https://youtu.be/_AZFV7p-hMI

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: