• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wow, i'm so mad. I had this whole essay written in here, and then it just disappeared!!!
Well, let me try again. Basically, i understand and appreciate all that you guys have been saying and all the advice, and i DO research, there's just so many different prespectives and opinions that it just makes me even more confused.
Tube and heater: The way i have my rocks set up, there's no space behind to place the heater like Kathy said. I know that it can be done if i move my rocks and everything, but i really don't want to take away space from the front to gain a bit in the back to put the heater, plus if i put it behind the rocks, knowing my luck, it will most likely break.
As far as the tube, i really don't know what to do or where to put it in order to keep it hidden or tucked away, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Other than that, basically the back wall is pretty much gone as far as space is concerned. Between the Skimmer, Phosban and all the wires, PLUS the brace in the middle of the tank, i really don't have much space to put anything else there. As far as the back wall inside the tank, well, you can see for yourself. With the powerheads running both the phosban and skimmer, a lot of space is taken away. If on top of that you add the other powerheads to circulate the water, well, even more space is gone.

As far as the microbubbles are concerned, they seem to come from the skimmer. The phosban outlet (tube) is pointed right in front of the skimmer intake (powerhead). Since i added the phosban, i noticed a lot more microbubbles. Also since then, the skimmer has been collecting a lot of wet instead of the more dry that i used to get (collection cup has been at the lowest point since i had it).
It was also suggested of maybe getting a cube and transforming it into an outside sump, since it wouldn't fit on my stand. I think that might be a good idea, but not too sure how the plumbing and all the other equipment would be running. Also, i'm not too sure if the sump would even help me solve my problems.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I hear you on when you write something long & thought out & then it vaporizes..vey frustrating!

When you get back from vacation I'll come up and we'll see if we can't rearrange the rock a little and hide some of the equipment. We should be able to pull some of it away from the back wall and that would not only hide some things, but will help you circulate more water behind there in turn helping keep detritus from getting trapped in the rocks.

Is the back of the tank painted or is that a stick on? Your choice, but if it were black, things along the back wall wouldn't seem so obvious .
Eventually it will get all covered with coralline, but it would help in the meantime :)

Not sure why the addition of the phosban reactor might cause mircobubbles unless theyre being created in the reactor which doesn't make sense, but who knows! lol Can you try & turn that hose so it isn't pointing toward the intake for the skimmer and see if that helps any?

As far as a sump is concerned ..some thoughts...
1- you're going to have more water 'noise' and I believe this tank is in your bedroom, especially since you don't have an enclosed stand
2- to add a sump, the tank either has to be drilled or you have to use an overflow box, either way there wil be yet another piece of apparatus on the rear wall of the tank where the water would drain from to go to the sump..and it would be larger than anything you already have on there.
3- It won't make the power heads go away, you're stuck with those either way in the tank
4- it would make the skimmer pump & the heater & the hose from the phosban reactor go away..if you got a sump large enough to fit them all

We can try the re-aquascaping idea first if you like, and if you're still not pleased with the result, then go with the sump. I'll try and come up with a few more rocks for you before I come up.

ok? :)
You've done a great job so far Oriol, and I know you'll make a great reefer! Hang in there, it can sometimes be a very frustrating hobby!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Time for a few more pics, since everything seems to have opened up a lot more in the past couple days!!

blue ricordea

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

lawnmower blenny

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

frogspawn

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

green star polyps...2 separate ones

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

mushroom

DSC01555.jpg

yellow polyps

DSC01553.jpg

leather? id please!

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

this is how the tank stands as of now, will be adding some new members after christmas!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!

I just got back home today, and oh boy, some of the corals have grown a lot these couple days that i've been away from home, i guess not touching anything for a while does work...haha

The lights went off so i can't take pics, but i will tomorrow. I'm also going to be getting another fish tomorrow, or at least i hope so, i'm going to be paying Greenwich Aquaria a visit.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yea it's amazing how much they grew, especially the plate coral. I feel like there's too much current still, maybe that can be fixed. Some of the zoas grew a lot too, and so did the mushroom...

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
That's all good news Oriol! Things do seem to grow faster when we don't look at them ever 11 seconds :)

What's making you say there might be too much current? Is the frogspawn ok?
Be sure to speak with Jason at GA and tell him about your tank, I'm sure he'll hook you up with a suitable fish for your tank..do tell him your wish list too!
Looking forward to the pics tomorrow!!!

Any pics from Spain?

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The Frogspawn is doing great, even if the clowns are hosting it, i thought that it might get smaller due to the clowns, but so far so good. I say that there is too much current because the sand seems to shift a lot and at a fast pace, the green plate coral seems to be moving a lot, and also, the side that gets the most flow, is retracted compared to the rest of the coral. In addition, i have to remove a lot of sand from around the mouth.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you haven't already, you do want to move the green plate out of the sandstorm to an area where sand won't land on it.
Think about this though..do you really want to redirect your p/h's? If all of your corals are doing well after being away for a couple of weeks, it sounds like you might have the flow correct..except for the green plate. You might want to keep them oriented the same way & just tilt them upwards a tiny bit so they don't move the sand as much but otherwise I'd leave the flow alone :)

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
New pictures:

n1367220841_30335290_2504.jpg

n1367220841_30335291_2958.jpg

n1367220841_30335292_3333.jpg

she loves to stare at the tank...

n1367220841_30335293_4213.jpg

n1367220841_30335295_5078.jpg

n1367220841_30335297_6274.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v162/57/101/1367220841/n1367220841_30335300_7663.jpg

[IMG]http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v162/57/101/1367220841/n1367220841_30335299_7250.jpg

n1367220841_30335302_8718.jpg

n1367220841_30335303_9210.jpg

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Nice pics..and the frogspawn looks like it's grown a bunch!
What kind of fish is that in the last pic?
Cute :cat:..ypu should post his/her pic in our pet thread.

So..what'd ya get at GA today ? :)

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Should deffinately have more pics of him/her tomorrow, not too sure if it's a male or female, all i know is that based on pictures, he/she comes from Fiji!!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Here are a couple more pics!!

green plate coral

IMG_8579.jpg

they just love to be in every single picture...

IMG_8582.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8596.jpg

blue streak cardinal...and he poses at every single picture!

IMG_8589.jpg

exquisite wrasse...the newest addition

IMG_8594.jpg

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8600.jpg

yellow polyps

IMG_8597.jpg

NDY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
330   0   0
Hi Bluesi 4
I Was Going to The Thread Read must of it an Just Wanted To Let U Know U Done A great Job Keep Up The Good Work.
Everyone Was Great On the Tips Specially KathyC,Great people hear In MR

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: