BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hi Bluesi 4
I Was Going to The Thread Read must of it an Just Wanted To Let U Know U Done A great Job Keep Up The Good Work.
Everyone Was Great On the Tips Specially KathyC,Great people hear In MR

Thank you!!!
But like you've said, everyone here in MR has helped me and my tank in such a good way, that i would fill pages just thanking them. Kathy has been there since the beginning, she took me under her wing and has basically been the one that has helped me get into this hobby even more, and help me grow at the same time that my tank grew. If it wasn't for her, probably i would be out of the hobby by now, and with a bunch of dead fish.
As well as Kathy, many other people have helped me along the way. Joe (jw10604) has been a great help too, he gave me the tank that now i use to QT the new additions, and he's also helped me when Kathy wasn't available, and just have him 5 mins away is a huge relief.
So i basically just want to say THANK YOU to everyone that helped me, and this tank is my work as well as everyone on this forum!!
Hope you enjoy the pics!!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Added a Lubbock's Wrasse, he is a Male. He was in pretty bad shape when i put him in the tank 2 days ago, wasn't sure if he was going to make it, but last night he started swimming and eating, we'll see how he is doing today. He still has to get his colors back, but hopefully that will happen soon.

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm happy to inform that the Lubbock's Wrasse made it. He is eating well, swimming even better, and he's slowly getting some of his colors back. Will test the water and post more pics tomorrow!!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So i tested the water today, and this is what came out:

Kh: 10
Ca: 500ppm
Ph: 8.0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Ammonia: 0

More pictures should be coming either tomorrow or Monday!

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Kathy, no i haven't been able to get the Mg test kit yet, that will come soon hopefully. Here's the New additions...new pics!

FTS

DSC01679.jpg

DSC01680.jpg

Hammer

DSC01681.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

Lubbock's

DSC01728.jpg

FIre and Ice Zoas

DSC01738.jpg

other zoas (i think)

DSC01739.jpg

toadstool mushroom

DSC01740.jpg

Frogspawn

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

Blenny

DSC01745.jpg

Last edited:

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
^^ Thank you! As you can see the Hammer and the Zoas have been doing great since they've been added, the toadstool mushroom is coming along, slower, but coming along.
I just recently bought a Koralia #4 to add some more flow in the tank. My Seio keeps moving down and switching the flow in the tank, which i don't like.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Looking good Oriol!! Did you borrow a different camera?

Your 'possible zoas' are palys..those are the ones that should be handled with gloves on due to toxins...if you ever choose to frag them, please wear gloves & facemask :)

Did you get the fish guard & concentrator with the new Koralia? LMK if you didn. I have them.

Last edited:

BlueSi4

Blu By U
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I took my sister's camera now that she's in school. I asked her to take some pics for me last night, but she refused, so i wait till she leaves the house and borrow her camera...haha.
Not sure about the fish guard on the Koralia, i bought it on Ebay and it didn't say anything about the fish guard, but i guess we'll see when i get it.

Thanks for the heads up on the palys, i didn't know about that. When i put them in the tank, i did it without gloves, but if i touch them again, i'll make sure to put gloves on!!

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Replace the glass with egg crate, which you can cut to fit your tank. It will improve the gas exchange and how much light is actually reaching your corals. Your anemone is going to need that light! :) Home depot sells it by the sheet (4 feet by 3 feet I think) for around $10. You'll have some left over, but it can be used for all kinds of neat DIY projects.

I'm afraid that if i take the glass cover off, the wrasses will try to do some surfing...that is carpet surfing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: