bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Reef Hobbyist Magazine would like to publicly congratulate MR in the next issue for getting this program off to such a great start. I assume this is ok but you know what they say about assumptions!

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Unfortunately we don't have any way to handle subscription requests. We rely on our partner wholesalers and retailers to get copies into the hands of hobbyists. Of course you can always just print out the downloadable pdf or read it at your leisure on line.

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Also, we're planning to publish an on-line directory of groups running a DBTC program. What (if any) link address would you like us to point to? These people would potentially be new to reefing, new to the group and new to the DBTC concept. The directory is slated for the end of June so if you need to work something up, hopefully this might give you some time....
Thanks a million!-Jim

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
I'm sending this all over to our website guy. As soon as he gets back to me (I'm not sure what he means by "top 5" either) I'll post back. Thx!-Jim

bookfish

Advanced Reefer
Jim,

DOB= 4/30/08
20-25 frags in play
Active participants??? You mean DBTC or MR members? The former is about 25 the later over 4,000.
Top 5 corals--- well that is being speciest isn't it? :)
This question about what the "top 5 corals" means has opened a floodgate. There's now a discussion going on about program stakeholders (corals, reefers, and reefkeeping communities) and metrics and measureables in a DBTC type program. I hope to have some more clarification shortly. Thanks!
ps. any thoughts are always welcome....

For some reason to me it means the most further progressed corals in the system. Like one coral might be 5th or 10th generation and work down that way in the system. Makes the most sense to me anyways. Can't follow it by amount traded as each grows differently and can't put it against a price because thats against the system and each coral has a different value to different people along with price changes on the market. Someone might really like yellow polyps over something like a rainbow acan or some silly overpriced popular coral or vice versa. Anything else besides times/amount traded is putting way too much thought into it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: