• reef and such 044.jpg
    reef and such 044.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
There were some changes made to the tank lately hoping to better my animals living conditions.
New lights are now AquaMedic, 3 X 250 watt MH, 4 X 24 watt PC. MH lamps are Helios 20 K, PC are Coralife 2 Blue actinics & 2 White actinic (in the future I will go with the 50/50 lamps). Tank is way to blue with just the PC's on.
Changed out the Turboflotor for a Euro Reef R80 - courtesy of Tony/tosiek. Thank you again!
Will be ditching the AquaHub Deluxe ATO and installing a Reef Fanatic ATO purchased from Craig. Thank you Craig..
Using Bulkreefsupplies.com GFO and Roxio Carbon in Two Little Fishie reactors.
If and when I need to dose I am stocked with the cal, alk and mag supplies from Bulkreefsupplies.com.;)
Testing with Salifert test kits and new PH-200 WATERPROOF pH METER, thinking of purchasing a Hanna Meter.
Still would like to re-aquascape!!!!!!!!
Had alot of losses over the summer.;(
Trying my hand at some other SPS other then the caps.. Some are doing well while others are not making it.:happysad:

A couple of pics..

Attachments

• reef and such 013.jpg
    reef and such 013.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 113
  • reef and such 014.jpg
    reef and such 014.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 114
  • reef and such 016.jpg
    reef and such 016.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 110
  • reef and such 019.jpg
    reef and such 019.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 114
  • reef and such 024.jpg
    reef and such 024.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 111
  • reef and such 038.jpg
    reef and such 038.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 112

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
wow awesome looking tank mate! great job.
Thanks mckostya!

looking good!
Thank you Mike!

All test show that everything but the P04 are within range;
cal 450
Alk 8.0 dKH
Mag 1350
Trate 15
PH 8.1
Temp 77
Sg 1.024
The P04 is coming down as far as KathyC's testing with her Hanna Meter 2 weeks ago it was .30 which is still high.
I've a question concerning the P04: Why is it that the phosphates are that high, but the only sympton I see is the diatoms on the glass that I must clean every few days? I seldom see any algea and when I do it is inside the top rim of the overflows.

Mike I think you're right about the rics getting to much flow so I moved the PH up and back away from the front glass.
I still think the reef is a bit to clean for some lps. My bubble coral was looking a bit funky so I moved it to the fowlr and it appears to be bouncing back.;)
Also, I am in the process of shutting down my bedroom tank so the corals from that tank got split between the 2 tanks in my living room. My Christmas favia which was doing amazing in the little swamp in my bedroom for over a year looks incredibly poor in my reef within a day. Tomorrow I will transfer it to the so called fowlr if it does not show signs of improvement.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks Syb!:hug: You can make the trek any time you guys please!!! But most definately before the heat sets in.lol

Thank you Chefstylez! I too always love the swaying corals.:) Brings the tank very muc to life for me.;)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
what a great Reef tank, looks great.. Nice selection of fish too. Wish I had that much help, what a working crew. :splitspin

Thank you for thr kind words Salty Dog! The working crew are an amazing bunch of people for which I will for ever be in debted to. They are my earthly Angels!!!!!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
All pics were taken yesterday about an hour after feeding, hence the cloudines of the water quality.
Here is an FTS
155BowFrontReef7-29-2009087.jpg

I took alot more pics, but didn't want to bore everyone.lol

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Yeah, something like 2.5. No dremels near this tank for now.;) Would like to see how far I can take it.
This reef is now running with only the sump, 2 return pumps, 4 - A#4 Koralias, skimmer, ATO, and infrequent feedings.
No more reactors or dosing for now. Will probably start dosing alk, cal, and mag sometime soon. And cleaning the glass once a month when algea starts to collect on it.;) Easy, easy.........

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Wow the tank is really looking great. I love the part of the aquascape with the elegance coral. I see quite a few sps in there as well ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: