• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
So, i drive alot. I don't remember the last time i rode the subway. Because of the amount of driving I do i see an equal if not larger amount of traffic. I don't know how thats possible but its true. I'm sure plenty of people here drive as much if not more than i do, and even if you don't and are one of the competent ones see more wrong that rights when it comes to navigating the pothole filled streets here in nyc.

90% of traffic i see or am in is all because the majority of the population sitting behind the wheel doesn't really know how to drive or doesn't pay attention. Its not a hole in the ground, a blocked street, or something physical thats not letting people get through quick enough its the people themselves that cause it over stupid and silly things. Like slowing down to look at the kites flying on the belt parkway near the Verrazano bridge. Or the people that don't understand the concepts behind merging.

So, i made this thread, and everyone can let off some steam by sharing your stories of the incompetent drivers. And maybe one of the incompetent drivers will read a story, maybe realize it was them and stop doing it, making all of our lives easier on that trip back home. :scratchch

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Met up with a MR member. Bought 4 zip-lock bags full of snails/hermits. They were for myself and another member. They were filled about half way with water. Had them on my seat driving home on a pretty peaceful street. Person in front of me signaled RIGHT and swerved right and hung a u-turn in front of me at around 40 mph. Slammed on breaks and 2 bags completely emptied in my brand new car and snails and hermits were everywhere. Turned out to be a female driver on a cell phone.

Enough said!

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
What frustrates me is when a driver who has NOBODY in front of them, hits the breaks for absolutely no reason.
Or if it hits the breaks for no other reason then the car in the lane next to him hit the breaks, basically slowing me down, AND preventing me from passing him because he stays at the same speed as the guy next to him. If you're going to stay at his speed, go on his lane as well so I can pass!

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Met up with a MR member. Bought 4 zip-lock bags full of snails/hermits. They were for myself and another member. They were filled about half way with water. Had them on my seat driving home on a pretty peaceful street. Person in front of me signaled RIGHT and swerved right and hung a u-turn in front of me at around 40 mph. Slammed on breaks and 2 bags completely emptied in my brand new car and snails and hermits were everywhere. Turned out to be a female driver on a cell phone.

Enough said!

That's the type of driver I call the police on, and let them know that they're swerving on the road, nearly caused an accident and are on their cell phone.

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
What frustrates me is when a driver who has NOBODY in front of them, hits the breaks for absolutely no reason.
Or if it hits the breaks for no other reason then the car in the lane next to him hit the breaks, basically slowing me down, AND preventing me from passing him because he stays at the same speed as the guy next to him. If you're going to stay at his speed, go on his lane as well so I can pass!

+1...what's worse is they cut you and keep constant speed with the car in from of them...THE REASON YOU CUT IS TO GET BY THE IDIOT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Yeah +2 on this. Or even worse has no one in front of them and is going 40 on the left lane of the highway. And since the guy on the left is going 40 the guy on the right is going 39.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
+1...what's worse is they cut you and keep constant speed with the car in from of them...THE REASON YOU CUT IS TO GET BY THE IDIOT IN FRONT OF YOU!!!
AMEN on that one. Before I retired I drove about 35,000 miles a year to and from jobs. And all of it was in and around NYC. I hate those people that will be in the right lane behind a car with no other cars around. And as soon as you get ready to pass them they cut you right off. Also another one I see alot are the people who go across all 4 lanes on the NJ turnpike to make their exit. Cutting off the entire Turnpike.

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
my friend is a junior in high school and has to drive from southampton to st. anthonys which is in huntington everyday there and back... and thats the reason i dont go there.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I grew up upstate. I'm no slug on the road, but I consider myself at least 'courteous'.. I let people out if I'm already going slow (or stopped) and there's a lot of traffic.. At 4-way intersections I constantly wave people on..

But I've found that in general, drivers around here are A$$holes.

I have a few gripes... like when people drive 60 (on a 55mph highway) in the left lane, while 37 people pass them on the right, while paying absolutely no attention to what's going on... move over to the right lane!

Or if you're trying to merge onto the highway and there's a car in the right lane who won't move over (when there are no other cars around) so you can merge without having to speed up or slam on your brakes and cut behind them. Stop being a jerk off and MOVE OVER TO THE LEFT LANE!

One thing that will guarantee I lay on the horn though is when the light turns yellow, you RUSH into the intersection, and there's cars ahead of you. Now you're stopped in the middle of the intersection and people from the other direction (like me) can't go through. Where did that get you? LOL. Wait for the next light so you don't stop everyone else.

....It always boggles my mind that there are so many accidents on Old Country Road. There are stoplights every 3 seconds. The speed limit is usually 30.. and yet at least once per month there is a HUGE accident requiring 6 cop cars, 3 ambulances, 2 fire trucks, and a whole bunch of rescue people on the scene (that was the last accident, anyway).. how can you be going that fast and that horribly wrong that you get into that bad an accident? :screama:

Yeah, I think I'm done venting. :lol2:

Larissa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fake traffic. Fake traffic drives me insane. It's what I call traffic with no rhyme or reason, just created by some slow-moving morons who are blocking the whole road with no one in front of them for the length of the state.

Usually they're from Virginia. I don't know why, but Virginia drivers are ALWAYS blocking traffic. Pay attention and you'll notice it too.

Larissa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And stupid people who don't know where the edges of their cars are. I once got rear-ended at a stoplight that I knew was a long red, so I got out & pounded on the twit's driver's side window. She didn't back up off my rear bumper either. She opened her window. I told her to back the f*** off my bumper, and she claimed that she had no idea she hit me, and that it happened because there was sun glare. So I told her, "If you can't f***ing see, then you stay that much farther f***ing back!"

Ugh, moron.

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
This isn't a car gripe but I feel like it's relevant because they share the road with cars...cyclists! Save the environment, look hip, one less car, good for you- but you're supposed to obey the same traffic laws as motor vehicles (this means stop signs and traffic lights.:screama:) I got mowed down by a delivery boy last summer while I was crossing the street on a 'walk' sign. Almost needed stitches, still have the scars. The guy didn't even stop to see if I was alright, just yelled obscenities. In the process of trying to get up off the street without getting more asphalt in my arm/blood on my groceries, I almost got hit by a car and the driver also showed no sympathy.:sigh: New Yorkers sometimes...

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I spend a tremendous amount of time driving due to my job and I have enough gripes to fill the thread all by myself..but I'll start with just 2...

..people already on the highway who use the acceleration lane to pass more cars when in heavy traffic...

...any idiot in an SUV who slows down to 1 MPH to go up a 1" curb cut...

autoponicz