Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Merging into an exit lane right at the very last second is also insanely annoying. I really wish there were just cops standing there to hand people tickets for "failure to merge".

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
one thing that pissing me off is when i hit the highway towards koskiosko bridge on the bqe....theres always traffic....and when you hit the top of the bridge...the road is clear!....argh...boggles me all the time....

FYI on the Kosciuszko Bridge:

The reason for the massive traffic is because of all the tractor trailers that have a hard time accelerating up the steep 125' incline.

Also the bridge will becoming down within in the next several years. The new bridge will be dropped significantly 40-50'. There was a project that was slated to start in 2011, but with the economy in the state it is the NYS DOT has put the project on the back burner while waiting for federal funding to come through. We are hoping that this project stays on on its current track and gets green-lighted for 2013.

32_44_kosciuszkocablestayed_z.jpg

The new bridge will have three more lanes (2 east 1 west) and a bicycle/pedestrian lane. It will also eclipse a cost of $1,000,000,000.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Also the bridge will becoming down within in the next several years. The new bridge will be dropped significantly 40-50'. There was a project that was slated to start in 2011, but with the economy in the state it is the NYS DOT has put the project on the back burner while waiting for federal funding to come through. We are hoping that this project stays on on its current track and gets green-lighted for 2013.

Well that's good it's THE structurally worst bridge in NY and I'm pretty sure it was one of the worst in the entire US, but I can't find that article right now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/10/01/2009-10-01_bridge_that_connects_brooklyn_and_queens_.html

aquascaper82

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 82.4%
14   3   0
I don't think some drivers are aware of signals... the left arrow means you're going LEFT and the right arrow means you're going RIGHT.
If you have your left turn signal on, GO LEFT
If you have your right turn signal on, GO RIGHT
HOWEVER, just because you have one of these on does not mean that you can just pull into traffic when there's no space between cars! If there's moving traffic, I will not brake so that you can get into my lane! WAIT for space, THEN move into the lane.

Also one more thing. If you're afraid to drive in the rain, STAY HOME or get in the right lane. Those are your only two choices.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
FYI on the Kosciuszko Bridge:

The reason for the massive traffic is because of all the tractor trailers that have a hard time accelerating up the steep 125' incline.

32_44_kosciuszkocablestayed_z.jpg

The new bridge will have three more lanes (2 east 1 west) and a bicycle/pedestrian lane. It will also eclipse a cost of $1,000,000,000.

Which means that youll be wishing in 2013 that the traffic then would be as light as it is now looking back at it until the bridge is completed.

As long as everyone has to have their own car and not take mass transit will always be traffic is the NY way. You can always move out to the country wheres theres no traffic but then it takes 3 hours to do a grocery store run....Me? I'll deal with traffic and bad drivers because if your a good driver you can easily avoid the bad ones 95% of the time the other 5% you file a claim with their insurance company and get the car fixed.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
lol, if they say 1,000,000,000.00 it will cost 2,000,000,000.00!

WAAAAA, people on the North Fork of Long Island drive like idiots.. Not to mention getting stuck behind people on tractors, sometimes I wonder, why do i drive out there for work.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
What's really annoying are the people that make shallow or wide turns, especially when there are two turn lanes. I.E. When the guy in the right most turn lane makes a left turn, right into the front of your car going into the left lane.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
the worst is when NY drivers come to jersey and try to turn left off a major road. stopping and waiting tying up the left lane, INFRONT OF THE NO LEFT TURN SIGN!!!!! and theyre looking around like why is everyone blowing the horn and yelling at me.. like theyve never been to jersey before!!!.. THIS IS NOT NEW PEOPLE, Jughandles are on the right hand side they work in keeping traffic back ups down to a minimum.. and since NJ is mostly NY transplants(me included) LEARN IT!!

i feel better now!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
the worst is when NY drivers come to jersey and try to turn left off a major road. stopping and waiting tying up the left lane, INFRONT OF THE NO LEFT TURN SIGN!!!!! and theyre looking around like why is everyone blowing the horn and yelling at me.. like theyve never been to jersey before!!!.. THIS IS NOT NEW PEOPLE, Jughandles are on the right hand side they work in keeping traffic back ups down to a minimum.. and since NJ is mostly NY transplants(me included) LEARN IT!!

i feel better now!

Haha.. I see what you're saying.. but damn.. Jughandles are one of the WORST ideas ever to hit the roadways. I'm not one who tries turning left, but I still don't like making a right turn through the jughandle.

And why is it that everyday there is a HUGE traffic incident on TV.. and it's always in NJ? I think the delay was 8 miles today.. LOL. I think NJ drivers can stop now.:biglaugh:

EDIT: I just jinxed myself, and will hit a huge delay on the way to work tomorrow. :D

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I love how NY and NJ drivers always say each other suck.

Truth is NY drivers suck on NJ roads (because NJ roads don't make sense).

NJ drivers suck in NY (they always want to turn right).

Let's just all agree that people from Virginia, Massachusetts and Connecticut are worse than any of us locals!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: