saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
How do I join the group buy

hey Wolverine,
Welcome to the GB

All you have to do is go to the reefcleaners.org site, put stuff in your cart, and then CHECK OUT.

You will be able to CHOOSE GROUP BUY option for shipping.

Then you will be asked to write a note.

In that note put:
Manhattan Reef Group Buy and it will be shipped to my place in BK 11238, Near Pratt Uni where the swap was.

It should arrive on the 28th.
So, be prepared to pick up that day or let me know who will pick it up for you.

That's all!

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hi Win,
All you have to do is go to:
reefcleaners.org

Add the inverts/etc to your shopping cart.

Check out with the GROUP BUY SHIPPING option.

Leave a note that says:
Manhattan Reefs Group Buy

Fully check out.

Then wait! The inverts will be shipped to my apartment on the 28th.
Zipcode 11238, and I live about 5 blocks from Pratt university where the last swap was held.

Closer to the date i will pm my exact address and cell phone.
In turn you should let me know the name you ordered under and your cell in PM

That's all!!!
Then you get to enjoy your CUC and extra $$ in your pocket because you saved.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
PM my name & cell to you.:)

Here is my order ;)

Order Items
Quantity Name Price Subtotal
3 Blue Leg Hermit Crab* $0.40 $1.20
3 Assorted Hermits* $0.50 $1.50
10 Dwarf Cerith $0.15 $1.50
10 Empty Hermit Shells $0.07 $0.70
3 Limpets* $0.75 $2.25
6 Medium/Larger Empty Hermit Shells $0.14 $0.84
10 Nassarius Vibex $0.40 $4.00
4 Nerite Snails (Small - Medium) $0.55 $2.20
1 Pods+ $10.00 $10.00
3 Thin Striped Hermit* $3.00 $9.00
10 Zig Zag Periwinkles $0.15 $1.50
1 Brittle Star* $5.00 $5.00
3 Fuzzy Chitons $2.50 & $7.50
SubTotal : $39.69
Coupon Discount: - $5.00
Shipping and Handling Fee : $0.00
Tax Total : $0.00
Total: $34.69
New Total $42.19

Customer's note:
Manhattan Reefs Group Buy

Payment Information Shipping Information
PayPal/E-Check USPS

Thank you! You should receive human confirmation of this order within 24 hours. If you do not, please contact us - we will always send you an email before your order ships.

Reef Cleaners

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Can someone recommend me a good clean up crew for 80 gallons? Right now I am running bare bottom but will be moving everything into a new setup with a sand bed. I also have a green algae issue because of my rodi acting up. Hopefully I can get something with this group buy to help and carry over into the new tanks.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey Cmantis,
John actually has a form on reefcleaners.org to find out just that!
It's the custom clean up crew link. You fill out some info about your tank and what you have (algae issues, phos levels etc) and he'll email you with suggestions.

In lieu of time though (though, since you're on now, maybe you can use it. I think he is on his email around 5am), let's see...

An alternative, what I do sometimes, is I go to see his quick crew packages and look up a tank with my similar dimensions and I make a similar package.

So, 80 g, 48 7/8 x 14 x 30 3/4, I see this on his site:
102 Dwarf Ceriths -

29 Nassarius -

27 Florida Ceriths -

16 Large and 20 Small to Medium Nerites -consumes fine hair algae

Also!! The GB gives us free overnight shipping so you can get hermit crabs that also eat hair algae. I would also get some larger empty shells so that when they grow they have shells to go into instead of beating up your snails.

My hermits, picks up hair algae and puts it into a corner of my tank. Then I just siphon it up, but they do all the real work!

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Hey Cmantis,
John actually has a form on reefcleaners.org to find out just that!
It's the custom clean up crew link. You fill out some info about your tank and what you have (algae issues, phos levels etc) and he'll email you with suggestions.

In lieu of time though (though, since you're on now, maybe you can use it. I think he is on his email around 5am), let's see...

An alternative, what I do sometimes, is I go to see his quick crew packages and look up a tank with my similar dimensions and I make a similar package.

So, 80 g, 48 7/8 x 14 x 30 3/4, I see this on his site:
102 Dwarf Ceriths -

29 Nassarius -

27 Florida Ceriths -

16 Large and 20 Small to Medium Nerites -consumes fine hair algae

Also!! The GB gives us free overnight shipping so you can get hermit crabs that also eat hair algae. I would also get some larger empty shells so that when they grow they have shells to go into instead of beating up your snails.

My hermits, picks up hair algae and puts it into a corner of my tank. Then I just siphon it up, but they do all the real work!

Thanks a lot this is very helpful I emailed them. Actually this will be two 40 breeders so they have a link for that. Since shipping is included in the price would I somehow get a discount for the cost of shipping or would it be better just to wait for a clean up crew sale? Or maybe I should just order hermit crabs now?

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Did you email asking about the shipping issue?
If so, I would wait for the reply.

Outside of that, I would still buy the hermits now.
I would still buy the hermits since the quick crew package only includes priority shipping (outside of that package its $10.
Hermits need to be overnighted which costs $28. If you order them after the GB then you'll have to pay that fee.

Let me know what John says about the quick crew. Did you already order it or just ask him about the fees?

I usually just look at what the quick crew suggests and make a similar order.
Works for me.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: