LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
OK, This group buy is cancelled. Thanks for all of the good information on Penductors that everyone provided. :inlove:

Kimoyo - Sorry, maybe you can buy fisheye's?:bablefish

It seems like plenty of people have them that are not using them if anyone else wants to buy some :eek:

Can one of the mod's please close this?

Thanks!

Penductors

Is anyone interested in a group buy? I would like to order by next Wed, the 30th.

If we purchase 1-9, they are $25 plus shipping
If we purchase 10 or more they are $18.75 and shipping is included

They are available in black only with the below connection sizes.
1" male connector
3/4" male connector
3/4" female connector

Pick up would be at my apt in downtown Manhattan - most likely on a Friday. Beer would be available at designated pick up time :)

Let me know if you are interested.
Leslie
Bex-1.jpg

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
The link posted goes to myreefcreations which has this pic
penduc1.gif

Essentially the penductor is blowing water out and there is an opening behind the outlet which, when the water blows out, causes a low pressure in the opening and therefore sucks more water into the penductor therefore increasing flow

If you dont understand what I just wrote, its hard to explain without pointing at the picture...

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
vanceny said:
Anyone know if this work with a mag pump?

So long as the penductor is in the display tank and you have all the fittings between the pump and the penductor, it should work

I wouldn't expect this to be used to push more water out of the sump and into the display, the same amount of sump into display is pushed but its being mixed with display tank water so more water is circulated

phk36

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Hi all these cost me 45.00 each. I use them on my 92 corner. I have two and use a Quiet One 5,000 as my return . They give alot more flow and you pay this cost one time. This is a great idea someone came up with. Pete

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was under the impression that you needed a pressure rated pump for these. Just mentioning in case this is an issue with your setup before you buy.

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Pedro said:
I was under the impression that you needed a pressure rated pump for these. Just mentioning in case this is an issue with your setup before you buy.

"What if I don't have "a pressure rated pump" or 10 PSI - will they still work?
Yes, however the fan angle will decrease and the extra solution educted will also decrease but amazing results will still be realized. (All pumps produce pressure otherwise they wouldn't be able to move liquid through the pipe - let's call them a low pressure pump)"

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
SlamaJama said:
need preasure rated pumps for these...or else it wont be worth the money u spend on them....

If your return pump is in a sump below your display, it's most likely pressure rated. :wink1:

Leslie, I'm evaluating my plumbing now also. I could be in for two. I'll let you know before Wednesday.

R

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If you dont have a pressure rated pump you might as well buy locline nozzles cause the additional flow realized will be close to nonexistent.

Each Eductor/ Penductor needs a certain amount of GPM and PSI to realize the "promissed" flow. Depending on the design it will ofcourse be different.

I would suggest you call the site and find out what the required flowrate and pressure is to efficiently use the penductor.

A Mag pump will definitely not do it.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Which Mags have you guys tried?

I would assume there might just be a minimum amount of GPH flowing out to become effective, not really pressure rated.

Pressure rated pumps are usually just to overcome the high head

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: