House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Steve,

I have had mine for about 9 months with no ill effect - and it will be close to a year with the current block. If you are hesitant - I'd get 1/2 block - least this way you'll know if you need more or less once you figure it out.

Scarf, got you on 2 blocks.

Alfred - I don't know how much you feed your fish, but I have 12 fish and this block lasts me less than a year. I feed my fish and don't worry about how much.

House

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
house
is the block of mysis 2X the size of that half block of cyclopeeze i got from you?

i feed my seahorse and fish plankton(twice the size of mysis) is that the size of the krill?

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Wow... I find that if I feed my fish more than .5" x 1" in a single feeding they do not eat it all! I also try to mix up what I feed, so I may feed mysis 4 times a week?

The block is definately an awesome deal. I'll do it again as soon as I run out. (I'll probably give some to my father and a neighbor, so it will be quicker)

-Alfred

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
jim,

Can you add:

1/2 a block of krill for me.

Krill are much larger and i probably wont be able to feed my small fish with it but I plan on putting it in a blender and mixiing with the other blocks.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jim,
Is the mysis manufactured by Piscine Energetics Inc (PE Mysis)? You have it listed as Mysis (e.pacifica) but people have refered to it as PE Mysis.

If it's PE Mysis I'll take a block.

Thanks.
Jeff (aka J Curry)

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Alistar, Sting, Sporty, SaltH20 - updated

Dace, they don't carry brine

Drunk - updated you - no biggie

Jeff, the original post said PE mysis and I corrected it to read the apprpriate e.pacifica mysis. It is close to the same, only cultivated in salt water. I really like it.

Hope that helps,

LMK if anyone has any more questions.

House

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Jim thanks anyway, but my CBB will only PE Mysis, nothing else, not even other brands of mysis. He's a picky little b*stard.

By the way the tank looks great in the other thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: