103   0   0
THIS GB WILL END FRIDAY THE 3rd

SIZE: i think size 1 and 4 are best.
http://filterbag.com/size.html

Filter Media: Polypropylene Felt
http://filterbag.com/media.html

Micron: 100 micron
http://filterbag.com/micron.html

i will go w/ polypropylene felt, size 1 and4, w/ plaStic ring, 100micron size. size 1 @ $2.83 size 4 @$2.46ea. shipping charges are added @ time of shipment. if interested LMK and i'll make a GB thread

size 4- ALL 50 SOCKS ACCOUNTED FOR
deelucky- 4-$9.84
daceman-10-$24.60- PAID
lunner-5-$12.30- PAID
lazyreefer-10- $24.60-PAID
aaron-3-$2.46
jim63dt-4-$9.84- PAID

size 1- 19 OF 25 ACCOUNTED FOR

spykes- 6-$16.98
scubabr53- 2-$5.66- PAID

THIS GB WILL END FRIDAY THE 3rd

Last edited:

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
hey jon if you start this Gb i must let you know that im not to familiar with the filter socks being that im using some type of dyi i got from leo its works pretty good by i have no more of it and i have to clean this twice a week so if you could reccomend one for me and second i dont have PP so if i have to pay you in advance let me know.thanks

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Jon,

My opinion (which is based on my setup) is that Size 3 is better. The others are a bit long and would hang in the water too far. Sure you won't have to clean it as often because of clogging but my feeling is you should still clean it as much as possible because leaving it in the water would create nitrates anyway. I have size 1 now and I end up cleaning it as much as I would if I used size 3.

Just my opinion. It can be based on your setup though. The water level happens to be high on that side of my fuge.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
hey mods not to get off topic but is it ok to start a poll on the filter socks with some type of feedback to better understand what might be good on our system example:i dont know if GPH plays a factor.:backtotop

samster

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
scarf, im intrested in 4 or 5 bags like i stated in ur other post

i think 1 is a better size over 4 with a smaller bag it can restrict flow and cause back pressure easier if somone didn't clean out their bags -=)

polypropylene felt is 100 micron and
i think micro fiber is a finer application

so i would go with size 1 and micro fiber ( bigger bag if the bag filters more there is more space, so longer time befor it to get restriction

but if u go size 4 i think felt is better? with a bag so small it's prolly gonna get clogged in a matter of a couple hours if the matrial is to fine

i'd be intrested in pickin up 4 or 5 size 1 in micron or felt

so same as spike on size

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
change of plans. i will go w/ polypropylene felt, size 4, w/ plaStic ring, 100micron @ $2.46ea (50 lot). shipping charges are added @ time of shipment. if interested LMK and i'll make a GB thread

jon- 8- $20
deelucky- ??
house-??
daceman-??
samster??
jim63dt-??

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: