SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Aside from the other group buy on this forum, this is my first time doing a group buy. So, what's next? I sent my picks to TG and am waiting to hear back. If I don't get what I requested, can I pick something else now? Do we need to agree on a date, time, and place next? Oh, how are we paying for this? Can we bring cash to the meeting or Paypal to Bryan?

BTW, the zoos look great!

Thanks

L

logicalreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm not sure where things are at the moment. I have received several emails from those involved in this thread stating they would rather just pick and shop off mysite and possibly work in smaller groups. That's fine by me as I plan on putting 100 or so pieces up this weekend. I think with zoos the bulk buy scenario is tough to work out:
a)simply because there really isn't bulk of any particular morph, all contain a variety.
b)the colors are so individual that people prefer choosing as opposed to being presented with choices.
c)bulk works great for live rock and such, but not for corals.

If you notice, my site now includes free shipping on all orders over $250.00. So smaller groups of 2-4 reefers can easily group up to enjoy that savings.

I will also extend 10% off total order to all Manhattenreef.com members for the sale coming up this weekend. Just alert me to this if you place an order and clue me into your screen name please.

So, in summary, I think the best thing to do is list the pieces from page 5 along with all the others that are going online this weekend on my site and those that are still seeking some goodies can shop away.

Again, thanks for the support, hope to hear from some Ny'ers this weekend.

Peace, Bryan

T

The Great Rupert AKA AM

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this would make things much more simple for everyone. we won't save quite as much, but we still won't have to pay shipping. we will also have muich more to choose from.

several people offered locations. I could pick the one I like the best, but i was kinda hopping somone would give an opinion. I think it makes the most sence to use the location right by penn station so it's more easier for the people from jersey.

however meeting at the location near grand central means it would be easier to go to NWA and or the oyster bar.

L

logicalreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me TG, I was kind of waiting on your thoughts before a final decision was made. Thanks for the support again. Talk to you this weekend, time to prep for the sale.

Peace, Bryan

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Guys, here's my idea based on the previous posts. Please post what you think. Bryan and TG, I hope you're OK with this. I can help if you'd like.

- Thanks to TG, P.5 of this thread has the frags with our discounts. Small = $15. Large = $17.50. First come, first served, so you should let Bryan know now. You'll also need to paypal him for these by Friday, 1/31.

- Bryan posting MORE pics on his site this weekend.
- Check out zoos and let Bryan know what you want by Wednesday, 2/5. First come, first served since the whole world will see them! Mention the Manhattan Reef group buy when you order.
- Bryan will let us know how much we owe by Monday, 2/10. This way he'll know how to divide the shipping costs.
- Individually, we'll send payments to Bryan by Tuesday, 2/11.
- Bryan will let us know if we're good to go on Wednesday, 2/12 and ship on Friday, 2/14.
- Meeting at Crakeur's office in Manhattan, if he'll still let us meet there, on Saturday, 2/15. Personally, I think meeting at someone's office is a lot easier than looking for strangers at a bar.
- The time will be the tricky part. Since we're expecting delivery on Saturday and FedEx better not mess up, we should probably meet late afternoon. It'll also depend on when Crakeur is available.

This is just my idea. Please post your's.

Thanks,
Steve

[ January 30, 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: SWW1268 ]

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That sounds pretty good to me, I'm about to head home and can respond to the emails and such tonight.

If Stephen is fine with the receiving on that date, I'm fine.

Talk to you in a bit, Bryan

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Steve, sounds like a winner.
thumb.gif

The dates are good for me.
I've already emailed bryan, listing the pieces I like with the hopes he will set some aside and I will probally add to my order from the other new pieces he adds to his website.

Does anyone plan on trading any other frags? I have some pretty basic things; shrooms, leathers, xenia if anyone is interested.

Dallas

SWW1268

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Since the email notifications on this site don't work like some of the other sites, I PM the folks who expressed an interest in this. Hope that's OK.

Check out the bottom of p.6 for logistics and p.5 for photos - 40 photos! You might not want to do this with a dial-up connection.

[ January 30, 2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: SWW1268 ]

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks guys. Also, don't forget, those that aren't grabbed before Friday will be up on my site in the sale pieces on Saturday.

So far, 9 pieces are spoken for out of the 40 on pg.5

1L, 3L, 8L, 9L, 18L

2s, 3s, 11s, 18s

Those have been picked.

PEace, talk to you soon, Bryan

C

Crakeur

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yes, you guys can use my office and I can be here on the 15th. The delivery will be early so I can accept it by 9 and sit around till y'all show up but I will probably not be able to stay in the office all day so I would want a noon-ish meeting (I do have a wife and baby to contend with). This will allow you guys to take care of the frags and still get me home in time to avoid angering the wife too much.

Make sure you let me know and Bryan, if you do ship to my office, you might as well give me the tracking number as well, so that I can be on top of things on my end.

C

Crakeur

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
just noticed the frag with the aiptasia on it. I love the free rock anemone line.

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Crak, stop looking for my aptasia!
You are ruthless! I really go through the rocks seeking them out, then I put on a little "Needle and the Damage Done", light a few candles, smoke the fatty, and ...oops, fantasizing again

Update on pieces spoken for:

1L, 9L, 11s, 3L, 18L, 2s, 3s, 18s, 8L, 5L, 15L, 20L

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Those 2 would be $30.00 Jim. Drop me an email and I'll give you the Paypal info.

Update on pieces spoken for:

1L, 9L, 11s, 3L, 18L, 2s, 3s, 18s, 8L, 5L, 15L, 20L, 6s, 14s

L

logicalreef

Rating - 100%
310   0   0
7 pages? It's just getting warmed up!

My Paypal account is :

[email protected] <<<--case sensitive

thats also my email

SUMMARY AS OF 12:00pm 1/30/03

DallasNYC - $85.00 - PAID
SWW1268 - $62.50 - NOT PAID
The Great Rupert - $67.50 - NOT PAID
House of Laughter - $30.00 - NOT PAID

TOTAL at $245.00

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: