marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Clamsdirect has been getting nothing but Juvenile clams, and they just restock about 1 weeks ago. I didn't like what they had last time as most of the clams where very small and the maxima where all either gold or tear drop. Also Clamsdirect, if they get any nice clams, charges alot for them.

yessongs

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I haven't looked at there site since summer started. I've been looking for some new zoos, no luck its a bad time i guess.
Anyway the larger clams that PhisyBusiness has are wild. Its a tough choice.
Tony from Reef Exotics gets some nice clams, have you tried him? hes in LI.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
If look around and it seems that most of the clams that all the places have been getting are on the small size. Most of the Maxima have been either gold or tear drop, there was actaully a thread on RC about this. I don't want to get something to small where I need to feed it all the time, my other 3 clams are large and I have another small one that I don't have to feed that much. I've been check around and Phishy Business had some nice blue/purple clams, even if they where a little small, and I have done business with them in the past and they're pretty good. I spoke with them about the clams before I order today so I knew what I was getting.

Every time I go to look at claimsdirect website they either are out of stock or what they listed is all sold out. The last 2 batch have been nothing special. I try a web site www.happyasacalm.com, they had some great clams but they sold them out very fast and the guy moving so he not sure when he going to be getting more. He also had the same problem with getting blue/purple maxima in.

I've check a bunch of web sites, Tonys' also, and either I didn't like what I saw or they had a very limited selection. It seems clams right now are on the small side. Even on ebay, which I've gotten burned in the past from what the picture looks like to what I actually got, it seems nothing special or very small.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Michael,

I would consider this one if you decide to buy

Clam278.jpg

House

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
How is this Fishy Business joint in general? Good, reliable, etc.? Or not? I'm considering getting the cured live rock from him and he says they're great rocks, but... I've heard that before from Live Aquaria and got crap!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: