morphiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.2%
20   1   0
Camanuch,

Thanks for organizing this. Hopefully I can get them to breed in my little tank, free babies to everyone at the swap.

Die Aiptaisa!! ;)

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
proud father

i didn't see any activity but i found a string of babies

Attachments

• nudi 009.jpg
    nudi 009.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 179

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Mine were moving around well last night and then dissappeared into the rock work too which I know is normal so I think they are just waiting for the night-time hunting hour. I'll check tonight with my red flashlight. Congrats on the eggs--would be so cool if they hatch for you. I also ordered some red worm rock and it's lovely--tons of little read feather dusters waving away. When you don't have corals yet, this is great stuff!

johnsonlee42

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Mine were kind of just sitting in the same positions that they were last night - they appeared alive but rather sluggish, and didn't really make an attempt to hide. Hopefully they're not dying! That would be fail

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Berghia Nudibranch on the hunt

While New York City sleeps there is a killer on the loose--the Berghia Nudibranch. Yesterday after acclimation, my nudi's climbed into the rock and dissappeared from site, but tonight several aptasia were missing. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe these photos (pardon the quality) are of a nudi about to strike. Looking on one of the LR where I'd placed nudi's, I noticed a very, very tiny thing pretty much blending into the LR and pressed flat and vertical against it. I wasn't sure it was a berghia because last night they were pale, creamy white and had frilly pieces that waved from their back and sides and this thing was really flat and much more colorful. I thought maybe the thing had always been there and was just an encrusting I'd overlooked on the rock, so I went to look at the other side of the tank and when I looked again 5 minutes later, I noticed the tiny thing was now horizontal, not vertical. That's when I noticed the aptasia and that now the critter was directly in front of the aptasia. I had to check my photos on the camera to make sure I was right that the critter had moved from vertical to horizontal. Sure enough it had moved! I'm not sure that this in fact a Berghia, maybe it's just something that appeared, so sending in photos to Saltyunderground to see.

Attachments

• IMG_5423.jpg
    IMG_5423.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5425.jpg
    IMG_5425.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_5426.jpg
    IMG_5426.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5427.jpg
    IMG_5427.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_5433.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5435.jpg
    IMG_5435.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 173

Bertdog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
my baby

i haven't seen actual activities on an aptasia , but i saw them move around. i do have have a lot of this little critters on this on rock but i not notice that they're reducing , have my fingers cross . lauriec to me i does look like one of the good guys ,good luck to all

Attachments

• nudi 003.jpg
    nudi 003.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 168

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Alas, nope, Lisa at Saltyunderground, just got back. Critter is not a berghia. Some other little night-time scavenger. Must have come in on some LR. He's a good guy, just not berghia. Still, an aptasia or two were missing so they must be working. I think Bertdog's photo is a berghia.

LaurieC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
No worries, I thought so too. I was so excited last night to have got one in a photo. mysterieous little guys. Sorry to read about your coral, new salt mix scare, but so glad everyone opened back up! By the way, could I send my sump/fuge plans to you for advice? If so do you want to PM an email?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: