Eddieman

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My coral banded shrimp just gave birth to about 200 or so and I would like to know what to do? CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT??? I need to know how long it takes before they are not so small. I also need to know if the mother and father both should be pulled from them. I have the CBS in their own tank without anything else in it except for 1 piece of Live Rock. I would like to be able to keep my CBS babies alive and growing so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

wade1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:welcome:

In most cases, its not worth trying to rear the larvae until you've read up on the process and have the materials, foods, and conditions in hand before the attempt.

Shrimp can take some effort. Many require constant movement, so that they don't settle and die in place and can reach enough food. I don't know any specifics on CBS larval rearing, but I do know that you will need a separate tank with clean bottom for them. They'll spawn again (especially if fed well) the next time they molt (I believe they, like most shrimp) can both produce eggs, so let them go this time, but be ready the next.

Good luck with it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: