Grenadino

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been seeing quite a lot of minature starfish in my tank over a few months. Is this good or bad? I have a few polyps and zoos but I don't want to get anything more if it's not good.

Pls advise!

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I started with two or three, after a period of time I now have hundreds. They have reached pest levels IMO. I don't think they are bad (they are good in fact eating dendritis), just that there are too many without something to eat them. I recently got two of the coolest shrimp because of them, i.e. Harlequin shrimp, to quell the herd, :D !

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Try to identify your particular starfish by checking the Hitchhiker sticky on top of the Reefs For Beginners Forum. We'll be better able to answer your questions then.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You see we have a few micro star thread, but nobody seems to want to post pics of the micro stars they are asking about, so the topic leaves a void. If you could pull one out for a second and take a pic of it it would be cool.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: