Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have VERY small white/clear flat worms on my glass (See video link below). The only way I can see them is using a 20x-800x USB microscope. These are not the red planaria type. A couple of months ago I tried flatworm Exit, but it did not seem to have any effect. Does anyone know if I should be concerned? I'm considering getting a wrasse and or dragonette as a means of natural control. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Flat Worm Video Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7ua6xjfp7i2pdx/Flat worms.mp4?dl=0

Last edited:

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It's a flat worm, I would try to siphon them out and then try another treatment of flatworm exit. Some wrasse are know to eat them, Sixline being one.

Thanks Marrone. I know that they're flat worms. I guess my real question is; are all flat worms worth worrying about? Are they are all harmful (these in particular)? I am trying to weigh if it is worth doing a second round of Flat worm Exit at a higher dose or just get a fish that could keep the population down. These things are waaay to small to see without a microscope, so siphoning them out isn't really possible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: