kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guys/Gals, can u tell what these are?

IMG_2268.jpg

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks Guys. I was hoping they are Dendros, I can't tell the difference.

Noodleman, good eye :) Just picked it up today.
IMG_2265.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
IMG_2268.jpg

I vote sunpolyps! See below; 1st pic Dendro, other pics sunpolyps open & closed.
Feed them daily with a turkey baster or SeaSquirt.

Attachments

• 10-21-2007 Reef 007_640x480.jpg
    10-21-2007 Reef 007_640x480.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 329
  • 10-21-2007 Reef 016_640x480.jpg
    10-21-2007 Reef 016_640x480.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 333
  • October 5,2007 047_640x480.jpg
    October 5,2007 047_640x480.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 334

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Noodleman & Moidol: If i knew any secrets, you can count on me not disclosing it. If i did it will no longer be a secret....lol...j/k :)

Awibrandy: Thank you very much for taking your time to explain and post pics of your Dendro and Sun Coral.

I have another question for you Suncoral Keepers out there. I was doing some "googling " for care of these corals. Few articals mentioned that it is necessary to deliver food to each individual polyp. What do you guys think?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Ask me again in a few months.;) So far my suncorals appear to be doing well with my method of feeding which I do with the squirt. I have been feeding cyclopeeze by squirting as slowly as possible around,under & behind the rock they are on a couple of times within a few minutes allowing for all the polyps to open. When I tried to feed each individual polyp they closed up. By the way I feed them alot of cyclopeeze because the fish steal quite a bit. Yes, I feed the fish first, and they still go after the cyclopeeze. My fish are extremely greedy.lol

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Crox & Awibrandy, thanks for the info. I will do my best to see that all polyps get some food.

I like to feed cyclopeez also because of the same reasons Awibrand mentioned. I also mix in Kent's Phyto, micro-vert, and coral-accel. I feed this concoction to my micros and acans as well.

BTW, what do you guys think of this (i ordered it and should be getting it next week):
It was described as mini dendros that encrusts rather than branch.
http://cherrycorals.com/view_product.php?product=6

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Crox & Awibrandy, thanks for the info. I will do my best to see that all polyps get some food.

I like to feed cyclopeez also because of the same reasons Awibrand mentioned. I also mix in Kent's Phyto, micro-vert, and coral-accel. I feed this concoction to my micros and acans as well.

BTW, what do you guys think of this (i ordered it and should be getting it next week):
It was described as mini dendros that encrusts rather than branch.
http://cherrycorals.com/view_product.php?product=6

I like them alot!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
For my suncorals if the tissue is connected I don't feed all the heads. They seem to transfer food between tissue. If they aren't connected I feed each head (as much as I can) I feed mysis, cyclops, chopped shrimp and flakes. Sometimes black worms. Nice looking Balano, wish they had more.

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I feed mine with a turkey baster & try to get some food to each head. When I get down to the bottom of the mysis slurry, I spray the babies (they can catch stuff with their tentacles like frogs can with their toungues :) ) I try to feed larger meaty items so as not to pollute the tank too much by overfeeding just to make sure they get some.

kenske

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guys i just realized the the "glove" shaped substrate that the polyps are growing on is a LIVE bi-halve of some sort, oyster?. I took some more pics to share. :)

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

Top-Down:
IMG_2352.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: