meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it last night, and then i saw it again today i have no clue wut it is, kinda looks like a small starfish, :flirt:
sono1-1.jpg

sono1182.jpg

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
There are some that do some that don't,

That's not what you said in your previous post & a warning should have been given to the poster if you already knew.

Excerpt from the link I provided:

"Several people have argued that these starfish are harmless, but we have yet to find any that will not eat coral polyps."

Last edited:

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Contrary to what most say....
some can be bad.
I witness this & every one I see in my tank.....I take out:

- Info on predatory starfish -

Thanks I just realized that I don't have rtn.. I have these in my sump all over and I threw one in my main tank last week when changing a filter sock and this week I noticed A colony whiting out... So fragged the whole thing and that's what's on top of what used to be my colony...
Just looked at the colony and saw the star... Looked closer at the colony and saw what looked like circle bite marks....

Damn stars... I thought they resembled the crown of thorns..

Attachments

• 100_2464.jpg
    100_2464.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
That's not what you said in your previous post & a warning should have been given to the poster if you already knew.

Excerpt from the link I provided:

"Several people have argued that these starfish are harmless, but we have yet to find any that will not eat coral polyps."

Yeah I was trying to find out which were the ones that were bad first. I've heard that if it has 5 legs then its good and if it has 6 then its a predatory starfish, etc. etc. There is alot of conflicting information on these guys. Such as kind of stated above it only eats the dead portions of corals, it'll only eat things that may be on it's way out already and may just facilitate the dying.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: