Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I bought these zoas on different occasions and different places. I thought they were the same Red People Eaters. But I have been noticing that the first ones I got the skirts glow bright orange under the blue leds and have stripes. The second ones dont(edit: there are stripes on the 2nd as well I only noticed them with the picture, strange) . I am going to post the two pictures, maybe someone that has them might be able to tell me which kind I have? I thought from the zoaid.com they were Red or Orange PEs.

The first picture is the first RPE I bought the last two are from the second ones I bought.

Attachments

• DSC05801.jpg
    DSC05801.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC05808.jpg
    DSC05808.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC05800.jpg
    DSC05800.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
All those zoas are PE. The primary identifying characteristic of "People Eaters" are the green slit mouth. Whether they be red, purple or other color PEs is subjective, however.

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The top have a green mouth too, its hard to get a pic of that one I have to take it top down. Here they are again.

Top down pic of the first pictured zoa in this thread.

Attachments

• DSC05802.jpg
    DSC05802.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 96

Marcellina

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks Deanos. This is where zoa names get confusing. I just thought they were the same thing and then the smaller colony all of a sudden started looking different to me. I like the subtle differences even though unexpected. The growth on both is great. The second one is a bit outta control LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: