Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am available to help LGBTQ+ reefers virtually. If you got a problem, or want to work through a concept, and you think a video/phone chat would be helpful, let me know and we can schedule something. I got some award for being good at this stuff in 2014, so apparently I am supposed to be good at this stuff. :D

Reef on!

fishproblem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in the midst of cycling my first saltwater system and would love to pick your brain sometime. Still trying to learn enough to know what I don't know, but if you've got time after the holidays to chat that would be awesome!

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm in the midst of cycling my first saltwater system and would love to pick your brain sometime. Still trying to learn enough to know what I don't know, but if you've got time after the holidays to chat that would be awesome!
You bet. Hit me up then!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
96427E56-ABAC-4B35-A0B1-346B8650C456.jpeg

Long story short. Tank has ich, all fishes removed, in Qt. A lot of sticks died.
After that allege bloom kicked in, I been adding vibrate so far no change.
Thinking of adding vodka, what your thoughts?
I put vodka in that sample and all it did was make it more thicker and stick together

125g
pho- .187ppm
Alk-8
Cal 440 last checked

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 291723

Long story short. Tank has ich, all fishes removed, in Qt. A lot of sticks died.
After that allege bloom kicked in, I been adding vibrate so far no change.
Thinking of adding vodka, what your thoughts?
I put vodka in that sample and all it did was make it more thicker and stick together

125g
pho- .187ppm
Alk-8
Cal 440 last checked
For algae, for me it is all about herbivores and setting them up to win. Remove as much algae by hand as you can, so some some snails and urchins and fish (when you can put them back) can keep it cropped back - they will often ignore longer algae.
You can also add a simple hang on power filter and hit the algae with a tooth brush and let the filter suck it up over night. Always good to pull what you can out first as well.
If you have little in there right now, you can also lower the light intensity, or turn them off altogether for a few days (after removing as much algae by hand first).

Stuff like vibrant can work for some people, but it seems to be a long a haul.

YMMV

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: