Evillal5

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24 by 24 by 24 60 gallon saltwater tank that I upgraded to and would like to know what's the best option to do to update lighting. I have a ai prime 16hd light from my small tank and was think of either of these two choices option one get another ai prime or option two upgrade to hydra. Or if anyone has any other ideas for a light please let me know. I am doing a mix reef .

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i have a 60 cube too! I can straight off tell you that ai prime isn't going to be enough for a 24" deep. Realistically, I think 24" fixture providing full coverage is good. Depending on what you keep, something like t5, reefbreeder, or even 2 xr30 (sps dominate).

Often overlooked, but a viparspectra would be a great fit

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Depends on what your are wanting to accomplish and budget.

I agree viparspectra is a great low budget light. I had 3 on a 120g with zero complaints.

I have a 3/4 cylinder that is about 28” wide and 36” deep and run a Kessil AP9X and it does the job. I have a bubble coral, shrooms, rics, and zoas all on or near the sand bed and doing just fine.

JPark457

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going low budget I’m really happy with Nicrew Hyperreef 150. I have had one for like 6 months w great growth and bought another for moving to a bigger tank

Albertstank

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24 by 24 by 24 60 gallon saltwater tank that I upgraded to and would like to know what's the best option to do to update lighting. I have a ai prime 16hd light from my small tank and was think of either of these two choices option one get another ai prime or option two upgrade to hydra. Or if anyone has any other ideas for a light please let me know. I am doing a mix reef .

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I have a viparspectra black box light I am selling if you want to try that as a budget option to see if it is adequate. Was growing a monti in a biocube without issue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: