Attachments

• 2-19-06 010.jpg
    2-19-06 010.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 869

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Cali_Reef - Could you post some pics comparing the skimmate your getting from the BK and Barr. Maybe pour them in something disposable containers so we can see how much each produce in a give time and the color. Thanks!

SlamaJama - I was wondering why your water was so fresh and so clean :lol:.

Last edited:

spykes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
IMG_0750.jpg

my skimmers new cup mod, after rich and slama keep breaking my balls on this, i had to redo the neck, the foam is thicker and there is more control on the skimmate quality as well as smaller bubbles.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
oh, so the neck was restricting the foam?

I guess it was not made for your recirculating mod ;)

dude I need help planning my skimmers.

I have two tubes 15" and 18" tall both 7.5 inches wide.

what should the riser tube heights be, and what diameter is best?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
spykes said:
use two ocean runner 2700s and bam 10LPM of air = good
use the 18" tube make the cup 5 inches in height and the rest of the is neck the union for cup release.

the 18" tube is for me, the 15" is for shaun.
I have the cups cut also 5.5" and 4.5"

so what diameter is best for the riser tubes, and your saying they do not have to be any taller than what extends into the collection cup?
I could not find unions to fit these tubes, I was going to make flanges, does that matter? or should I use wide PVC tubing and unions to fit?

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Dave, that looks great man. Look at that foam. SOOO SOOO thick!! You can sell that to the company man!!!

FYI to those who woder:
Daves skimmer with his numerous mods produces very very fine bubbles. As the bubbles rise they get restricted into the skinny neck that came with the skimmer. This causes the bubbles to grow in size. With the new wide neck the bubbles stay small all the way to the top. These bubbles are very dry. You can basically balance a spoon up there without it collapsing.

elosusa

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonathan said:
those elos skimmers look interesting. does anyone know more about them.

are they needle wheel skimmers that use eheims just like the deltecs and h&s's?
price?
Elos only uses eheim pumps and the eheim that is used on the NS skimmers are not modified at all. I'll attach the way the patented injection system works. Some cool features. No union on the collection cup, so you don't have to rearrange your sump every time you clean it:lol2: You never should have to adjust the water output, simply adjust the amount of air that you need. It's not sensitive to every little thing like some venturi skimmers. In that video you can see how close to the top I am running it and it is steady. The price for that one that is rated for 1000 liters or approx. 264 gal.is 799.95. The NS 500 is 599.95. I'll post some pictures later. jesse

Attachments

• top down injection.jpg
    top down injection.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 794

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: