Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
just showing a little support for the ASM users:)

05-16-06_1757.jpg

gnatp2

Greek god
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Das Ex-2

Just got my DAS EX-2 today. I'd say that it wasn't shipped all that well and that I also got the additional "tilted-cup" feature. Mine is only slightly off and you can't really tell unless you look closely. I don't think it will affect performance.

I've got a couple questions about operation:
1) Should the bubbles in the neck of the skimmer be going up and down? or stay more at a constant level? (if it should be staying at a constant level, how do I correct this?)
2) How far should the air hose valves be open?
3) About how many gph should the pump be feeding the skimmer?

Normally I'd refer to a manual for these answers, but the DAS skimmer comes only with bubble wrap.

Anyone have a video of their DAS in operation?

Thanks, Nate

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Nate,

how long has the skimmer been running, there is a bit of a break in period.
1. the bubbles should stay pretty much at the same level and push the nasty foam up.

2. the valves should open around 11 o'clock

3. i have about 150 gph going through mine, people tell me that's too little, I'll change it some day.

- jonathan

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Cali, you've got to be kidding!! they cant even claim that it is due to shipping, just look at the jagged cup on the bottom, they really have nerve shipping that out.
after all these pics, i honestly dont see how anyone could want to buy one of their skimmers.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Holy crap Pierce......that's one for the record books. They don't even do any QC on a replacement skimmer! It goes from bad to pathetic.
Good luck with your pursuit of a refund. I hope it goes smoother than trying to make a legit purchase.

swimmer

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
I am pretty sure it was damaged in shipping, they stuffed this new body in a thin, crappy box (used to hold 1,000 Styrofoam cups) and filled it loosely with peanuts, no bubble wrap, no foam blocks, no reinforcement what so ever.

The water outlet union sticks out from the body, so the first time the box is dropped on its side will cause the union fitting to crack the thin extruded acrylic body.

The DAS skimmer is just not for me, too weak (or too big of a POS) to be part of my system.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
my goodness, they dont even have the decency to pack it properl?!?!
I'm sure your pics would be sufficient for youe credit card company to dispute payment.
which skimmer are you going to get instead?
are the DAS skimmers supposed to just be cheaper made deltecs? if so, r u going to just go with the fuller priced deltec to get the quality you deserve?
i am considering one as i would personally prefer to spend 2 bucks on quality than 1 buck on crap.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
WOW
Cant believe all the prob with DAS ,I got mine pack SOSO but in great shape ,had no fixing at all ,just put it inmy sump ,turned it on and skimming away it went till today

Guess im just lucky for the 1st time in skimmer history !!!LOL

Good luck Cali with the credit ,Im sure after 2 F**k ups ,and the pics to prove it ,youll get your money back ,,if not ,small claims court should do the trick ,im Sure they dont want to fly to NY ,,LOL

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Pierce, it sounds like you've given them the opportunity to make good. They couldn't even do that properly. I can't imagine that you'd have a difficult time with a cc dispute. Pix speak a thousand words.

Ronen, unfortunately small claims have to be filed in the venue of the defendant.

swimmer

P

Pedro

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Like they say, you get what you pay for. Hope you get your money back, that's one skimmer line that will never be in my system. I have to say, but in order to break an Euroreef, the box has to be dropped from an airplane. That's why i rather pay more for quality. I know you must be so freaking pissed, i would. Good luck!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Here an update pic of my DAS ,Really love this skimmer

Srry you guys are having such a prob

Attachments

• YUK 001.jpg
    YUK 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 414
  • YUK 002.jpg
    YUK 002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 415
P

Pedro

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ronen,

If it gets to you ok then it's a great skimmer. You just have to get past the first obstacle course it seems. That looks really good. Where do you start your foam level in reference to the body?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Pedro said:
Ronen,

If it gets to you ok then it's a great skimmer. You just have to get past the first obstacle course it seems. That looks really good. Where do you start your foam level in reference to the body?

If you look at the pic above with the bubbles ,its just below that ..so ist basically where the body ends and the chamber beigins

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: